Elf on the Shelf

We got a Elf on the Shelf as a christmas present 2 yrs ago when my son was like a month old. I was curious if other people have boughten them for their kids. I think its a good idea but i think about when my son gets older and he tells his friends that he has an elf and they don't...what is he going to think???????

Parkers_Mommy8

Asked by Parkers_Mommy8 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Holidays

• Too funny! My neighbor just told be about this today. she bought it for her grandkids and i want it! It sounds soo cute, Her grand kids love it!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• We don't have the elf, but a lot of our childrens' friends do have them. It doesn't seem to bother the children either way. My kids have asked if the elf will come visit them and I just tell them it is possible. That is about it, they accept that and they think it is funny that the elf moves around in their friend's home.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 9:13 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• We have 2: one we bought and one that was given to us. We were going to give the other one away since we had already opened the one we got, but we thought the kids would get a kick out of 2 of them floating around the house (and they do). They love searching for them in the morning! I'm not sure if DS has mentioned it to anyone in his pre-K, yet. He hasn't told me any stories, which makes me wonder if the teachers are weaving a story.....
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 12:19 AM on Dec. 10, 2010