((If you don't know, please just pass by this Q.) How come in my bibles that I've read it says that only 144, 000 are going to heaven, and

the rest are going to live in paradise on earth. In some ways of scripture it even says some are going to be placed in eternal destruction, after the second death. does anyone else understand this?

As much as I've read it, this eternal destruction is supposed to only go to the evil tormentor, the antichrist. However isn't a  LAST antichrist which still hasn't come here yet?    ( in revelation

If you don't know this yet, just please pass by the question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Some of my friends are jehova witnesses, that is their belief. am i right? they are the only religion i have heard this from. but no one knows if their last antichrist has come yet, or when it will happen
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• THEIR? I am seeing that it says it will wage battle with God, and the leaders, it's in all of my bibles, not just the New World which is what you may have been trying to say, right?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• That is talking about the Jews that are being set apart .... the best place to know more about this is mikebickle.org and click on the end times link.... there is a whole slew of stuff about the book of Revelation.

It does not mean they are the only ones going to heaven...
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• The 144,000 mentioned in Revelation are a select group of Jewish believers. They will be granted high honor. After the Tribulation and the Millennial reign, the Bible says that a new Heaven and a new Earth will be made to replace the old corrupted earth. Most of us will be on that new Earth. It will still be a paradise and we will still live forever. No believers will be destroyed or made to suffer. I'm not sure where you are getting that.

asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 9:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Who are the 144,000 of Revelation 7 and 14? The 144,000 are ethnic Jews that are sealed to be
    protected from God’s judgments in the Book of Revelation. That is an excerpt from one of Mike's papers.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• yeah but if u are not a believer than u will be destroyed or go to hell
    bekkaboo89

Answer by bekkaboo89 at 9:29 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

protected from God’s judgments in the Book of Revelation.

----------------
    There are many reasons, based on Scripture, why this is impossible.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• OP, your Bible reads as it does because it was designed to support JW's theological reasoning.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 10:04 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I don't go by their bible, I use the NIV and the KJV or the Living Bible. Although it's been observed by them in some aspects with the New World bible, but I use "mine" in studies.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I was told that 144 was a significant number, being the square of 12 (another significant number), and "thousands" was a way of saying "a lot". I don't take the 144,000 as the literal number of people who will go to heaven.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2010