What can I do with my life?

I'm 54 yrs old. On SSI, unable to work, on oxygen, in a wheel chair, no use of left arm. I tire easily. Can't leave home for any length of time.

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 8:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• idk....i guess you can type right? i am so sorry i forget the name of the program, but there is something where you place ads on different websites and apparently it is supposed to be very easy, quick and make alot of money. i saw it on the news awhile ago....they did an investigation to find out if it is legit or not. turns out it is legit and you can actually make some money doing it. maybe look into trying to find out what that is.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• You could help kids learn to read. Or even adults. A lot of volunteer organizations need help, and will take it in whatever form you can give it.

You could write responses to desperate people, helping them see that whatever they're caught up in isn't all of life.

You could add beauty to the world --painting, poetry, collage work. Whatever you happen to like...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 8:59 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• teach people to read...or read to people in worse shape than you.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:03 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Look into your area and see if their any school with CPS custody children. Where I work we do and any kid here that is in Special Education needs a surrogate parent to represent them in ARDs meet with the kids, talk to them, help them with their work and where I work we pay our surrogates it's not much money but it is full filling for our parents and kids....
    aus14

Answer by aus14 at 10:04 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Do you like writing? PM me if you'd like to know a list of sites that accept freelance writers.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:18 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I dont know sorry Im no help
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 1:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• What about something on the phone? A helpline or sales. Are you looking for an income or a reason to get up in the morning?
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 2:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to http://www.ivaa.org/ http://www.iavoa.com/ http://www.vanetworking.com/
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques.. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching; additionally, I handle the business end of my spouse's business, and do medical billing and coding one day a week for one of my bookkeeping clients.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:42 PM on Dec. 9, 2010