im 6 weeks and im haveing some discomfort in my lower belly ... no bleeding or spoting and it doesnt happen all the time just every now and then is this normal ?

please help this is my first baby and im scared that something might be wrong

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• round ligament strain?
    sharp pains when you stand up? If that's what it is, get used to it, cause it's gonna get worse before it gets better.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 8:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I had them with my first as well but I wasn't as far along. I would call your doc and go to the ER to get checked out. Even if nothing is wrong it's better safe than sorry.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 8:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• It is VERY VERY normal...your uterus is starting to stretch and it can cause cramping and discomfort! Around the time of your period you may feel period like twinges...also your ligaments and muscles around your belly will ache from time to time :)

All a normal part of baby making room :0
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• yes, it's normal. Your uterus is starting to stretch. You will find you will get all sorts of pains as your pregnancy continues.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I meant to add....as long as you are not bleeding and the pain is not severe...you are fine and normal...
    mom2twobabes

• no blood or shoulder pain... you are ok, call and talk to your midwife or ob tomorrow... prolly just round ligiment pain, normally happened to me when i stood up too fast, if it is tolerable and only happens sometimes... then i would not freak out :) Congrats by the way!
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• thank you that was very help full !!!! go on dec. 21 for my first ultrasound and im just worred about everything .. every little pain and all lol but is it normal to be so worried about that your first time ? and having nightmares about loseing the baby ?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• yeah. that's normal too, but you need to calm yourself down. That kind of stress isn't good for either of you.
    Most form of feeling gross, unattractive, uncomfortable, smelly, sticky, dirty, tired, or sick are normal, and will be normal for a while. My experience was like this First Trimester - total hell. My body was adjusting to the crazed hormones. I puked and slept for three months. Second Trimester - not bad. You get used to the new hormones, you start to get used to having the bump, things are okay. Third trimester - I was about to start charging him rent. You get all loose and floppy and your center of gravity changes, so you fall down all the time...at least I did. I retained water for what felt like 4 skinny bitches. I couldn't sleep to save my life. Than, I had him, and everything was all good again.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 9:21 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• very normail dont worry
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 3:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• This is my third baby and I have (still do have) scary dreams about loosing the baby....or worse...I dont even like to talk about them... :( Just those crazy hormones...they will affect pretty much EVERY part of your body by the time baby gets here!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:24 PM on Dec. 9, 2010