Baby measuring 3 weeks behind?

I had my 1st ultrasound today and Im concerned because my baby is measuring smaller than normal. I know the exact date I conceived and there is NO way it happened any other time. According to my last period and the day I know I conceived, I should be 11weeks 2days to 11weeks 4days, but the baby measured 8 weeks 3 days. We couldnt hear the heartbeat, but we definitley seen it beating on the screen! SO, my question...is this normal or not???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's normal. The ultrasound is just a guess, It can never measure the correct size of the baby. It showed my son was 18 weeks when really I was 16 weeks. I knew the exact day I conceived, it was the first weekend my husband was home from deployment.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Wow! I am in the SAME boat!!!! I had an u/s today and I measured 8w4d. I find it strange because the conception date they gave me was actually after the date I found out I was preg!!!!! I should be over 11 weeks. The dr pretty much blew me off and told me it was impossible for me to find out when I said I did. I guess he didnt consider than I could be measuring small or by chance they made a mistake during the u/s!
    DuCharme312

Answer by DuCharme312 at 9:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I should add....I also had a mirena iud when I found out I was pregnant and was taking the prescription chantix. I really feel like this has something to do with it.
    DuCharme312

Answer by DuCharme312 at 9:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• It is normal. I know exactly when I got pregnant. I only had sex once that month! But my baby was 2 weeks smaller. So I just went by the doctors date.
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 11:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• they say i concieved may 1st but yet i skipped my may period n tested positive for bein prego, my period was supossed to come may 3rd hmmm dont think i concieved 2 days b4 my period that i missed n tested positive haha!....so accordin to me my due date is jan 7th but accordin to u/s its jan 22nd....but she has measured right on the entire time so what ev, jan 22nd it is!....only a few more weeks!
    LilStacy

Answer by LilStacy at 11:27 PM on Dec. 9, 2010