How much do you talk to your friends about your relationship, good and bad?

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 9:13 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• 1 friend I tell everything too good and bad
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I rarely talk to my friends about it. I just come on here and tell a bunch of strangers. That way there is no judgment when my friends/family are around my husband
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I learned not to tell them shit...it's these same women that you confide in that later turn around and make a pass on your husband because they know he may go for it. Listen, my asshole cheated on me last 07/09 and I told one of my bf's about it...well, we went to her house for Christmas Eve and guess what...I found both their drunk assess making out and groping each other in an upstairs room. Worse yet, both my kids were there and they and all the other guest witnessed the entire fiasco. So, friends...there is no such thing...there are only acquaintences. My mother told me that years ago and I thought she was crazy...I guess the old bat wasn't that far out of her mind after all.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I DONT REALLY TALK TO MUCH PPL SO I DONT HAVE MUCH FRIENDS THATS WHY I JOINED CAFEMOM TO GET ADVICE ,OPINIONS AND HOPEFULLY SOME FRIENDS
    alismom421

Answer by alismom421 at 9:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I talk to them all the time. I think we usually share information about our relationships. i must say that since I started talking to my friends I feel much better. I learn things from them that have made my relationship better. I also think it makes me feel like I am not alone when I hear them talk about what is going on in their relationships. For me it has been healthy and wonderful. I have great friends that I totally trust. I must say I do only talk to certain friends the ones that I am really close to.

It has taken me a long time to find the right group and friends that I trust and am comfortable with. I think it is because of this and being older that I can talk with them.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I dont talk to anyone about my relationship I think its really between me and my husband its a personal thing
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 10:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• One friend, who I don't talk to on a regular basis, and I share everything. We've been best friends for nine years and know one another really well, so we feel comfortable sharing that information. Outside of that friend I only have one friend who I confide in. Usually I talk to my mom or my oldest sister though, because they give the most honest advice and are always there to talk. My said friends aren't always there, because of their own lives, so I really rely on my mom and sister when I need advice. I talk about the good and the bad.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I tell everything! well, probably just the bad stuff that I need help with, but not alot of the good stuff
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 1:36 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• My sisters are my rock and they know most of my stuff. One friend of mine also. My mom always told me not to tell GFs too much - they are the ones that can hurt you later with the info that YOU gave them. She's right.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 1:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I talk about what I've learned. I don't crap about my husband. I wouldn't do it in front of him, I certainly won't do it when he's not around.

First, because I believe that the attitudes we hold are transmitted through a variety of means that they're capable of noticing: body language, tone of voice, eye rolling, etc., and if anyone thinks they're seriously keeping their reaction to themselves should take up professional poker.... it's harder than you might think.

Second, because I have no delusions about the 'privacy' of any conversation. If I'm not willing to say it to his face, he certainly does not need to hear it run through (and edited by) several other people's heads. Since he knows I don't talk crap about him, he knows that if he hears some, it's fiction.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2010