• In the Spotlight:

I need your point of view

My mom moved in with me when I was going to have my daughter (4 years ago), anyway, she is going back home tonight and I need to know what do you think about this

Should I let them say good bye to her? or should I put them to bed like a regular day and tell them she is gone tomorrow morning? or any other suggestion to make it easier on them.

Thanks

bratgirln1

Asked by bratgirln1 at 9:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• If the issue is about going to bed orstaying up to saying goodbye let the children say goodbye before their regular bed time explain to them that their grandma will be leaving so they need to say goodbye before they go to bed but that she loves them very much and will be back soon to be with them again.
    Die4Jesus

Answer by Die4Jesus at 2:35 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Let them say by to her. They've been use to grandma being around so you should explain grandma will no longer be there every day but they will still get to see her when ever you get a chance
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:19 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Definitely say goodbye. Allow plenty of time and follow up with a new book to read at bedtime. Expect them to be sad.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 9:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• YES let them say goodbye if she's going to be gone that long
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• please let her say good by
    ReikiSexyMOM

Answer by ReikiSexyMOM at 9:22 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Oh no, let them have their good byes! It will be very sad, but think how you would feel. They both need to have that time. I think they will feel more anxious if you don't, young children might translate that to their mom leaving in the night unexpectedly, etc... I know that sounds drastic, but for their sake I would fill them in, and let them say good bye, even if it is tearful.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 9:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• how far away does she live ? if shes gonna be close just put the kids to bed and they will see her soon, if shes living far away let them say goodbye.
    1Angeland3Girls

Answer by 1Angeland3Girls at 9:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• They need to say goodbye to her.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 9:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Let them say goodbye and make plans on when they will speak or see each other.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 2:20 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Let them say good bye and maybe have them make plans for when she gets back.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:41 AM on Dec. 9, 2010