does anyone get childcare assistance from their county or state? did you have to be on a waiting list first? how long did you wait?

Im in Madison County, Indiana....just wondering how long i will have to wait for assistance.

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 9:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• I did when I lived in Michigan. It was for a few months after my first daughter was born. I did not have to be on a waiting list, and they paid 80% of the care costs.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Im waiting for an assistant to be chosen now, they said only a couple days :)
    Zimsha

Answer by Zimsha at 9:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• yes i was first on a waiting list. from june to sept. it wasn;t that long. but ofcourse paying for it felt alot longer. i am in pa. i think it depends on how many ahead of you.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:22 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Nope! But here's a BUMP for you!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 12:12 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I did about a year ago for my son...I had an amazing social worker that actually showed me a couple loop holes for my situation soo I didnt have to wait but a week! Other wise the waiting list was 4-6 months long!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:24 AM on Dec. 9, 2010