Is Micah TOO popular to use?

It seems like every name we like is becoming or is popular. We have an Elijah and now of course that is popular but we still like it!! We also have an Aniyah.... So micah fits. Would you use it????

Micah (mike-a), biblical name

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Baby Names

• I have two children ages 5 and 9 and have not known any Micahs, if that is helpful.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 9:24 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I don't think it is common. I know a girl that is named Micah. I had never heard that name before meeting her :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• We would use it for a boy, like the bible but it's in the top 200.... grr
    AshJoe05

Comment by AshJoe05 (original poster) at 9:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I don't think it's a popular name. I have only known one Micah all my life. It was a girl. I think her name was spelled Mika.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 9:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• If you like it name your child that. Are you really one that is caring that much about what others think your kid is named?
    Anonymous

• Anon- why do u care so much who sees u? I wanted opinions.
    AshJoe05

Comment by AshJoe05 (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• It's just up to you and how comfortable you are with it being a popular name. I don't think it's even that popular though. We really don't even consider how popular a name is, we only consider how much we like it. So far for us it seems like our boys are going to have a Bible name trend and our girls are going to have a top 10 trend. We have an Elijah, an Isabella, and a Jeremiah. If Jeremiah was a girl he would have probably been Olivia, and we also really like the name Chloe. I didn't realize Isabella was as popular as it was when I named her that, but I haven't regretted it for 1 second, I love her name and I think it fits her perfectly.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:54 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I like Aniyah better!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:08 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Go to the social security website and it will tell you how popular a name is
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 11:17 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I don't think it's too common. I don't know of anyone that's named that.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2010