doc told me my baby is in head down position at 32 -33 weeks

does this mean shell be here before due date? do they change positions? Its my first baby.

sammyjoG

Asked by sammyjoG at 9:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• at 33 weeks he can still move back and forth. my son was head down very early and was born 4 days early. youll be closer when you feel more pressure down there when he drops but there is no for sure way to tell if hes coming early or late. not even your cervix can tell! :)
    Zimsha

Answer by Zimsha at 9:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• At that gestation my first baby flipped up & down a dozen times.
    Because I used midwives, it never was much a concern, we'd palpate just for fun~
    ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• They can flip any time. My oldest was breech up until I had him at 38 weeks.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• That means absolutely nothing, unfortunately. The baby can move back up, twist, flip, and what have you until the very end. The position of the baby at the appointment doesn't determine when you'll go. Unfortunately neither does how dialated or effaced you are either. The body will decide when it is ready, and sadly nothing can determin that until it's time.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Nope, doesn't mean anything. My older two boys were both head down the whole time and were both 6 days late. My youngest flip flopped back and forth the whole pregnancy, he actually turned breech the night before I was induced at 10 days late (we didn't know he was breech until after 16 hours of labour!). My niece was breech until the day before my sister's c/s date - then she turned head down and my sis was able to wait and deliver vaginally. Hopefully your little one will stay put and not make you wait too long. Good luck!
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• It means your baby is getting ready to head down. But it does not mean your baby will show up earlier than it's due date. And yes, the baby can move again.
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 10:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• doesn't mean much cause my girl the morning i went into labor was in perfect position but by that night when my water broke she moved to where her head was aimed at my hip socket instead of the birth canal
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 10:59 PM on Dec. 8, 2010