Has your man been fixed, how did you handle it???

My husband just got fixed a few weeks ago. In a way I didn't want anymore kids, but there was still that thought of me having at least one more child. I just had a baby 6 mths ago so of course I'm not thinking about a baby anytime soon. Anyways, I'm starting to get down about it, just knowing we are done with kids kinda makes me really upset. How did you all handle this filling???? I try talking to my husband about it, but it goes know where....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Of course the conversation is going to go now where because there is no where for the idea to go now. It's done...he's fixed...unless you find yourself another man...you're done too. Be happy and enjoy what you have.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I knew I didn't want anymore before my hubby got fixed. I will give you a bump though.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My husband is actually getting fixed in a week. I'm going to handle it okay. Sure I want another baby and so does he but he's a military man and he's gone half the time. I know for a fact I can't handle 3 kids by myself. We have one of each right now and we are happy. I always get the wants for a newborn baby then my 2 kids do something that drives me nuts then I'm thankful for the number I have.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I did an extreme happy dance the day he got a complete and full CLEAN count! Our last child - 4th child - was not planned. When we found we were pregnant with him, my husband went and talked to the urologist. When he turned 2 (past the typical SIDS age), hubby got "snipped". But remember to keep testing until he gets a complete clean count, not just dead sperm, but NO sperm. Because even the dead "swimmers" can cause pregnancy.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I jumped for joy! Four is more than enough.
    Treefrog64

Answer by Treefrog64 at 9:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• some types of "fixed" can be reversed in the future and you alwase have the implation thing tht the hospitals do if u ever decide to go tht way it all depends on how he had his stuff done and if you choose the other well good luck :)
    brezze

Answer by brezze at 9:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• my DH just got fixed too but he made a trip to the local sperm bank first...i told him he didn't have to do it but he was so worried i was going to change my mind
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My husband had his vasectomy the day after our youngest was born 5 years ago. For me, it was a huge relief! I would never in a million years want another baby, and I was so glad to not worry about that anymore.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Hubby had it done when I was six months pregnant with our second daughter. I was more than happy - and after the horrible labor I had with her there was no way on God's green earth I was going to have any more kids anyway. At least he had already had the surgery, or I would have gotten my tubes tied before I left the hospital!

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Im happy that I have 2 beautiful and heathly kids, but Im still young and want at least one more. I know there isn't anything I can do about it now, I just wanted to know how everyone handle it when you get these fillings.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2010