homemade baby wipes

I didnot know there was a way to make your own baby wipes. I just seen it on google. Do you make your own baby wipes? If so how do you make them? The one I seen you add water, baby oil, baby bath then of course the paper towels. Do they actually work?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 9:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I made my own wipes with my last baby and they are so much better than store bought. Mine was 1 1/2 cups water, 1Tbsp baby oil, 1 Tbsp baby wash, 1 half roll of paper towel. You can skip the baby oil too, I found that out when I ran out one time and the wipes still worked great. My mil watched my two younger boys and she used to use cloths as well until we found the 'recipe' for home made wipes. I also made my own baby food, and it's funny, I tried giving jarred stuff to my son and he looked at me like I was trying to poison him!
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I used homemade ones when I didn't have any at home. They do work, or at least I didn't have a problem with them. Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I use baby wash cloths. I got around 50!! YES 50 baby wash cloths at my baby shower(I guess they thought he would really need a bath! LOL) So I just kept the few really really cute ones for bath time and the rest go into a wipe container. I fill the wipe container with warm water and a small drop of baby body wash(I don't use any oils b/c my son has very sensitive skin) This works great for us! Ive tried the wipe solutions you can buy and really like what I do the best and it's a lot cheaper too!!! I change the water every morning! I also use the cloth wipes when we are out and about. There are different ways of doing this. 1- wet the wipes and put them in a zip lock baggy before you leave or 2-(what I do) have a container for the cloth wipes and a small spray bottle($1 at wal-mart) fill spray bottle with the solution you made and go about your day! I find using cloth wipes so much easier since I also cloth diaper! :)
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• thanks. I am trying something new this is our last baby too, but I want to try to actaully nurse this time I regreat not doing it more than 2 days with my first then I dried up 3 weeks later with my second so I am really hoping to nurse this time around, I am looking at make my own diaper wipes and looking at cloth diapers, making my own baby food.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I have a plastic tupperware tub with cloths in it. I put in water and lavender oil and chamomile oil. I wash them with the diapers. Since I do cloth diapers and cloth wipes, my baby's bottom is happier. Also, you never run out! You can just wash them when you get low. No need to run to the store in the cold!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• i cut up rectangles of fleece. i used baby oil and water or my first child. i have not used them for anyone eles...but if i were to do them again i would use another oil, something edible.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I just started using cloth diapers and I've just been putting water on a baby wash cloth and using that. Since he's on solids and his poop is nasty first I wipe what I can with toilet paper, then I wipe him clean with the wet washcloth. I wasn't even planning on using cloth wipes but it's pretty gross to throw away a poopy wipe with no diaper to wrap around it. I read somewhere the other day to put water with a few drops of baby shampoo in a spray bottle and spray a piece of cloth when you are ready to use it. I tried making my own wipes once when my now 5 year old son was a baby and they molded.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I use cloth diapers and cloth wipes. My MIL made my daughter and niece hooded towels and used the scraps to make me cloth wipes. I have about 25. I just squirt plain old water on them as I need them.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:46 AM on Dec. 9, 2010