Does anyone know any good stay at home jobs for new moms?

I am trying to find a part time job that I can do from home. I am a former 4th grade teacher and will be a first time mom at the end of August. I just need something to give us a little more income.

mommyfrawley

Asked by mommyfrawley at 12:19 AM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Money & Work

• You can check Monster.com and CareerBuilders.com for reputable WAH Jobs (not to be confused with a WAH Business Opp). You may also consider offering tutoring services.

You can also try affiliate work. You sign up at a website to be an affiliate. You get a free website link. You do all the advertising. Any sales that come through your website you get commission on. You can look at my site to see some examples. www.freewebs.com/angelasstores. Good Luck!
    SensualScents

Answer by SensualScents at 8:29 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• There are some companies that use online tutors. Might be good with your background. Try the message boards at wahm.com and workplacelikehome.com.
    bizlady

Answer by bizlady at 9:16 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• www.westathome.com
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:25 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I second the tutoring idea. I know some people who do it, but I don't know which company they work for. I also have a friend who does editing for writers (usually self-published), she can sometimes make $1000 a month. Of course there are also months where she makes nothing! If you are creative or crafty, you could think of an Etsy shop- I have one and it does quite well.
    AlmostFrugal

Answer by AlmostFrugal at 10:46 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I have a WONDERFUL WAH opp. I work with Ameriplan. You can do all of your work online and on the phone. Daily pay, free benefits and 401k options avail. NO Cold Calling and NO Seling. Check out my web site at: http://www.freedomathometeam.com/SabrinaMBowen It's really a GREAT opp for new moms.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I have a 7 month old baby boy and that's what inspirede me to find a real work at home job. No scams or gimicks were going to cut it. Please email me at KCanada06@gmail.com or visit my website at www.stayinhomeandlovinit.com/KAI Have a great day!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 12:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• There are a huge number of ways to make money from home, but there are also a lot of people trying to make money off you. This simple list will help you decide what route to take and also give you some tips on how to avoid wasting your time and money.  Click the link below to learn more :

http://sheenonline.biz/index.php/2008/05/30/5-ways-to-make-money-from-home/

niseylee

Answer by niseylee at 2:22 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• www.chacha.com (job)
    www.1800flowers.com (job but currently not hiring but you can still let them know your interested)
    www.freedomathometeam.com/soar (home business and for this month it only costs $20 dollars to get started)

I hope this helps...good luck with your search!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 4:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• check these out these are both free. I have been doing them for a year now. http://cashcrate.com/237838 and http://squishycash.com/members/register.php?ref=antoinettegarry
    momagarry

Answer by momagarry at 7:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Hey there! I've been doing Ameriplan for 2 years now and am just around the corner from $50,000 a year. I work very part time, during my kids naptimes and this pays all of our bills. If you have any questions at all or if you want to schedule an interview with me, PM me and let me know! I'd love to help you out! you can also visit my website: www.HealthAndDentalCareers.com
    ~Christina
    workathomemama

Answer by workathomemama at 9:15 AM on Jul. 7, 2008