just curious.....

Where did you give birth and why did you decide on that place? Are you happy about that decision? (this is not to start a debate... I'm just curious.)

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 9:54 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• I gave birth at the hospital my doctor told me to go to. It was an experience. Not sure if happy came in to the equation. It wasn't a bad experience.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Both were at hospitals and no I wasn't happy. I didn't get to decide they were the only places my insurance would cover
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I had all my children in the hospital. I choose the hospital that I did because my aunt was a nurse on the maternity ward.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• The hospital and I am so greatful I did or neither my son nor I would be here today!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I gave birth to my DD at the very hospital I was born at. I wanted it that way, AND we lived 5 minutes from it. :) :)

I gave birth to DS at the hospital we now live 10 minutes from.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:02 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• my daughter was born in a hospital in orlando. it was not a choice made by me it was a choice made by my obgyn who had me transported by ambulance from a hospital in sebring to a hospital in orlando because i was having a lot of health problems
    sarahsmom0309

Answer by sarahsmom0309 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I gave birth in the hospital in the neighboring town. With my son I was very dissapointed in the service, in a couple of nurses, etc. However, when I had my second child there I was pleasently surprised they had changed a lot of things. I was very pleased with the new rules and service they provided. I will be giving birth there between mid January and Early February with my third child. We're hoping for Mid-Jan, because he's causing me a lot of discomfort.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• The hospital that is 15 minutes from my house. I was fine with it, it's a good hospital and very pro-breastfeeding and rooming in and all of that, which is what I wanted.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:29 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Hospital and all the drugs that were available and it was a good experience because each of my births had potentially mortal complications and in the hospital it was not an issue.

mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 2:05 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I gave birth in a hospital near Sacramento. It was not my choice, i was planning a homebirth but had complications at 32 weeks. Ultimately, all went well and I was able to give birth in a relatively peaceful environment with a very nice supportive nurse and without an epidural. So even though it wasn't as I planned, I was pleased with the outcome. Still planning a homebirth for the next one, but the most important thing is always a healthy baby.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 2:11 AM on Dec. 9, 2010