Anonymous answers

Why are there people answering anonymously? I thought that was taken away, and no it's not the original posters. Do you have to reach a certain level or something? Most of them are rude! I know I'm not always the nicest but I've never hidden behind an anonymous answer. I liked when it was taken away!

marine_wife0520

Asked by marine_wife0520 at 10:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I think it's a way for people to say things they know they'll be bashed for. It's like that saying "if you dont' have anything nice to say don't say anything at all". I hate when people say rude things on my post and don't have the balls to post it with their name
    Parkers_Mommy8

Answer by Parkers_Mommy8 at 10:03 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• You have to be at level 16 to answer anonymous
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• You have to reach a certain level but I am not sure which...
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I agree, I think I did it once and was like I will never to that again.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Yes. I think it's level 16?? I can't answer anonymously yet:(
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 10:03 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Thank you parkers mommy! I feel the same way! I may say something rude but my screen name is known and if they have a problem then they can pm me!
    marine_wife0520

Comment by marine_wife0520 (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• i use to do anoymous more but now i do not. i felt it was too much of a easy way out. i think its the way you present an answer that makes a differance. sometimes the topic can make a decision for you though. like abortion ect. because the poster might get based by people that disagree with her and don't want that.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I totally understand being anonymous asking questions... but today a woman was asking a simple TTC question and some anonymous was like "No! Next!!!" Really? You don't have the cahonas to use your screen name for that?!!?
    marine_wife0520

Comment by marine_wife0520 (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Not all anonymous answers are rude. Some people just don't want their identity getting out, especially if the questions they are answering are embarrassing to them. I have used it a couple times when answering in "taboo" posts, just because I am shy about those kind of things. Normally though, I just think people take the answers more seriously if there is a name attached. Especially when I see really kind and decent answers under anonymous. Those people should be proud to own up to it, yet they don't.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 10:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I say if you want to be anonymous just don't answer the question. jmo though.
    bbbrussell20

Answer by bbbrussell20 at 11:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2010