Is your Hubby Athletic? are You? Your kids?

My SO is a personal trainer, used to wrestle, not the WWE stuff, but real wrestling, and his is in such good shape. Ha...maintenance guy came over my SO was only wearing shorts, no shirt, and the guy had like an hour long convo on how to have his body. LOL

Me on the other hand. I decided to indulge while pregnant, I gained 60lbs during pregnancy, lost 40 and have 20 to go a year later. I'm getting back in the gym. 2 appts a week starting january, so it's a start.

My son is only one but at 18mos we are starting him in LIL Kickers, which is basically a play group with parachute singling, bubbles, kicking around a ball. But it's cute.

How do you stay atheletic, or are you working toward a goal like me? How about the LO's?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 10:19 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I'm athletic, not hubby. After my kids were born I was having a hard time losing weight and after 2 yrs of being overweight I started walking/running. That was 2) 26.2 marathons ago and 3 Hood to Coast. Which is basically a relay from Mt. Hood, Oregon to the coast. Now i'm back in shape & feel so much better.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• @Kathy675, Thats the point where I'm at, ready to be myself again, being 20lbs over my normal weight just sucks. It's hard when I used to be able to do my mile under 6, and now I try and I'm winded half way through. I prepaid my appts so I have to go, otherwise I'd probably get down on myself again.
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 10:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• my kids are me and Dh not as much as we should but do keep active
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 10:33 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I am and have always been athletic. I try to play at least one season of softball a year, haven't found a team here yet. :( I did gain way too much weight with DS and I am still trying to lose it. I try to walk 3-4 times a week and my son and I are often outside playing some form of ball.

My son is also athletic. The kid loves sports. He just started soccer and I am so excited for him. He is 5 and it is so cute to watch his team practice (games haven't started yet!)
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:33 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• When I first started walking/running I would start in the evening while hubby and kids ate dinner. Gave me some free time alone after a long day with the kids and gave him daddy time without me there. It was great, and it was a win, win for both of us :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I wouldn't consider myself athletic but I am exercise/trying to lose weight.

This last year has been so difficult with a bunch of emotionally painful crap and I just really packed on the pounds. I finally decided that enough is enough. We want to TTC but I HAVE to start taking better care of myself if I'm going to be pregnant so I start walking or using the stationary bike 30 minutes a day. It might not seem like much but I already feel SO MUCH better and I am starting to see some changes in my body.

My DH is not athletic at all. He's not lazy or anything and has muscles from work but he's not one to go work out or play sports unless I make him do it with me. I'm trying to get him to work out with me because we both has struggled with weight our entire lives and I do NOT want my children to struggle the way we did because of parent's bad food choices with us.

My children are only 3 and 1 so I wouldn't say that are
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• "athletic" but I do take them outside everyday for at least an hour, they walk with me, we go to the park, the LOVE to walk on the tredmil (I don't make them or anything....the BEG to because they see me do it), my daughter is pretty muscular for her age and both of my children are pretty lean...I guess you could say they are "active" verses "athletic" simply because of their age.

miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• have*
    miasmommy21407