Anyone else??? Advice please!!!

I am 26 weeks pregnant and I can't sleep!!! Did this happen to anyone else!?? I'm soooooo tired but can't find anything comfortable!!! If I lay on my back or my sides I get these really dealt sharp pains shooting up my sides and it almost feels like contractions but it's not... I've been like this for about the past 2 nights and I need sleep!!! Anyone else have this problem??? Any ideas to get comfortable!??? Any information you can give is GREATy APPRECIATED!!!!!

MargieMitchell

Asked by MargieMitchell at 10:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Toward the end of my pregnancy I did some overseas travel and when I came home I couldn't catch up on my sleep. It was HORRIBLE! Pregnant and indefinitely jet-lagged! I had RLS in my legs that kept me awake. It wasn't until I was hospitalized at 33 weeks that I discovered drinking a glass of milk before going to sleep really helped me. Don't know if you've tried it, but I hope it helps!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Get a pregnancy pillow. Mine was great toward the end.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 10:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Yes, a body pillow works wonders!!
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 10:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Get a pregnancy pillow. I used in the last 10 weeks of pregnancy and it saved my sleeping life! And do not sleep on your back, that could case major problems. Only sleep on your sides.
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 10:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• i sometimes use a body pillow but what works better for me and actually stays in place when i flip flop in my sleep is just a basic pillow from my bed between my knees also try taking melatonin its just a natural substance that is already in your body that will help to put you to sleep
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 10:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I had such a lack of sleep they had to put me on some safe sleeping pills cause I couldn't sleep, and they said it was unhealthy for the baby. If it's about confort then I do suggest the body pillow, I used to sleep in some odd positions, one that was my favorite was laying across my SO back. If it's something that last longer then a wek with no sleep tell your doctor.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• put pillows all around you thats the only way i could sleep. wish u luck
    1sttimemom853

Answer by 1sttimemom853 at 12:09 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I tried pillows last night... That was a totaly fail for me :(
    MargieMitchell

Comment by MargieMitchell (original poster) at 6:24 AM on Dec. 9, 2010