What is the CafeMom Encyclopedia?

How can I tell her?

Hi,
I'm 15 and pregnant. I found this site due to my cousin who is a member of "Cafemom". Both my parents are sick and I don't see them that often due to their heath problems; and I've been living with my godmother for 7 years. I'm 8 weeks into my pregnancy and nobody knows but my cousin ( Cafemom member ); I couldn't go to anyone else because I'm too embaressed to even show my face. I don't know how to tell my mother because we don't really have a relationship due to not being present, and I don't know how to come foward with my godmother because she's a very stricked woman ( Like the army type...SERIOUSLY, she's been there ). To those that have teens like me; had teens like me or was a teen like me; what would u do as a parent? How did u tell ur parents? What do I say to my godmother? I'm still going to school for sure, I'm a book worm :D, and yet I let something this stupid happen :(. I'm lost here

EndlessM

Asked by EndlessM at 10:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Tell her before she guesses. I would rather my kid be honest and tell me. She will be shocked or mad either way but will respect your honesty--Good Luck
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 10:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• aww sorry hunny wish i could be of some help but here a bump
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 10:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Honey I understand where you are coming from. I have had friends of mine at your age become pregnant. The best thing you can do is sit them down and tell them. Let them know that you made a mistake and you understand that you now have to deal with the consequences. You can do it. I know you are scared and you feel alone, but you aren't. I am praying for you and your family. Are you going to keep the baby?
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 10:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I'm sorry sweetie. Just hang in there. You have to tell Granma asap. Yes, she will be mad and hurt but that is only because she will mourn for you. have a trusted elder there with you when you break the news, they will be able to calm grandma down. Let grandma know how scared you are and how much you need her advice and support tight now. Good luck!!
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 10:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Ok first off, decide if you are going to keep it, adoption or abortion... etc. Once you have made your choice with only yourself and this future child in mind, then take the necessary actions.....
    Having a child will change your life completely, not saying its not great having a kid, but i had my son when i saw 21 and it was still incredibly hard for me. I still feel too immature and not ready. But it happens, God planned this for some reason. You will need to be responsible, get a job asap. If u are eligible for a work permit get one, if not... apply for welfare. DO NOT get sucked into the welfare lifestyle. Finish school, its great ur a book worm. Keep that up. Graduate, get a job and be responsible. You will miss out on a lot of teen activities thats the truth. But it doesnt all have to change for the worse. Email/message me if you need to talk!
    Dont worry abotu ur parents just yet. Decide how you feel.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 10:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• You need to be 100% sure in your decision, you need to educate yourself in parenting and childbirth. Sign up for classes and get yourself into an OB/GYN. Planned parenthood or something. They will be upset, there is not avoiding that. It will be a huge shock but they will get over it. If at any point they threaten you or get violent, emancipate yourself. Go on your own, get state assistance. Look online for agencies in your area. You will need your guardians permission for some things, if she is uncooperative, again emancipate yourself. If you decide to have an abortion or adoption then that if your choice. Good luck!! try not to stress too much its bad for the baby.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 10:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I dissagree with the abortion thing. If you decide you dont want to keep the baby that is fine. However please dont get an abortion. That is murder. There are too many people out there that want children and cant have them. They would love to adopt your baby. Give that child a chance at life.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 10:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My dad's a preacher hun so I understand. My best advice is to tell her before she finds out on her own. I told my dad in an arguement after holding it in for weeks and it just blew up. I'd just sit down and tell her, she'll probably be hurt but it's for the best.
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 11:26 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• You are going to have to tell at some point and soon. People will figure it out for themselves. But you do need to be honest about this, you're only 15 and you are going to have to see a doctor for prenatal care. I don't believe in abortion. But there is always adoption as another option. Decide who you will be more comfortable telling and go from there. If your cousin already knows maybe she will go with you when you decide who you are going to tell. You are going to need all the support you can get.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:30 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• There is only one way to do this hun, straight and to the point.

Answer by older at 1:24 PM on Dec. 9, 2010