should i dye my hair dark or light?

gonna fix my hair soon and really not sure if i want to go light or dark.. what do you think?

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 10:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I like dark hair :-)
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 10:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• i say go dark cuz its better in the winter
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 10:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I checked out your profile pics so I could make an educated suggestion, lol....I would say go a dark dark brown (but not black). And make sure its the nice brand that has natural highlights in it....I think it would really make your eyes pop (very pretty color by the way!)
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 10:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Dark
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 11:04 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• thank you anappleaday! =)
    PURPULbutterfly

Comment by PURPULbutterfly (original poster) at 11:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• It depends...usually women often color their hair darker during winter/cold months..I say do the opposite..the summers brings on a lot of sunshine--so when you color your hair darker in the summer--the light shows off the pretty rich browns and reds..if darkening in the winter--its too hard to see those pretty browns and reds...by lightening in the winter..it does the opposite. ;)

One thing to always remember:

-darker hair brings out your features more--so if anyone has any facial features they do not want to stand out--then dont darken it too much
    darker hair can sometimes create a "weight gain look"...(not that that shuld matter)..but lighter hair makes your face look "Smaller", and slimmer

Darker hair can make you look more "pale" if you go too dark...my best bet is to get a mix of warm AND cool highlights...:)
    psychicRaelene3

Answer by psychicRaelene3 at 9:04 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I agree with Paigesmommy, darker is usually better for the winter.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 11:08 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I think you can do both. You can even go blonde with your coloring.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 12:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• its always easier to go dark than to go light.....
    Autumn19

Answer by Autumn19 at 12:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I have blonde hair and I just colored it this week to Iced Chocolate.....I LOVE IT!!! I would go dark for winter, it looks classy. Just be sure to find what matches your skin tone and go a little more dramatic than your natural color. You don't want to have dull hair that makes you look washed out.
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 2:24 PM on Dec. 9, 2010