Does smoking make you feel sicker when you're pregnant?

I'm just curious. I'm not sure if I am pregnant or not, but I have some of the symptoms of pregnancy, and now whenever I smoke, I feel nauseated afterward. Whenever I'm able to take the pregnancy test, and if I am, I'm quitting all together for the health of the baby.

Aeizabella

Asked by Aeizabella at 10:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yep, it did for me anyway. I ended up quitting a few days before I found out I was pregnant because it made me nauseaus to smoke.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• well thats what happen to me
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Thank you all! I appreciate your answers (:
    Aeizabella

Comment by Aeizabella (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• With my first son sick was not the word bought a new pack lit one threw up. Threw down the cigarettes. Now with my second I could have eaten them. My third I was fine. Now yes I quit smoking as soon as I found out for sure but they were all just different.
    4psinapod

Answer by 4psinapod at 10:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Yeah, I think it just depends, but I definitely know that smoking will mess up the baby. I should know, because my mother smoked while she was pregnant with me. It's sord of effected me mentally so I plan to not mess that up for mine if I am pregnant.
    Aeizabella

Comment by Aeizabella (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I did not smoke, because I would never smoke (pregnant or not) but the smell of it made me throw up while pregnant.
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 10:54 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I'm used to it, obviously, but I know a lot of people who can't stand the smell.
    Aeizabella

Comment by Aeizabella (original poster) at 10:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• weather you are pg or not you should take advantage of your body's natural rejection and quit......you must by trying to conceive because it sounds as if your not using birth control. it will help your chances to get pg if not already. plus you need to save your money for diapers (trust me).  Good blessings

priceless111

Answer by priceless111 at 11:19 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Not preaching, but if you think you are pregnant you should quit asap. I know its hard I've done it 3 times lol
    bbbrussell20

Answer by bbbrussell20 at 11:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Yes it does. Before I found out I was pregnant, I was out at the bars and literally at 2 drinks a smoked a cigarette and was throwing up like crazy. It was really weird because usually I would drink way more than that and be okay. Sometimes even the smell of cigarette smoke and alcohol maybe me want to throw up. That's one of the reasons why I thought I might have been pregnant. Then when I saw that positive it all made sense! Thankfully I was just a "social" smoker so it wasn't an issue to quit.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2010