Are you for or against vaccinating your babies and children???

for my english class my final paper is a research paper but it has to be on a controversial issue.... so i chose vaccinating children. Any answers and suggestions will help :0)

melissa089

Asked by melissa089 at 9:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Kids' Health

• FOR!!! I want my kids protected against all of the non-vaxed kids LOL! Plus, the incidences of autism caused by vaccinating is slim to none, everyone's just freaking out for no reason!
    Anonymous

• For, there are more risk to your children if you don't.
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 9:25 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I work as a nurse in the manufacturing sector of a giant pharmaceutical company that makes many of those vaccines. I also have an autistic step son.

I fully believe that any vaccine, other than the flu vaccine (which usually still carries higher amounts of mercury) is now safe as far as the mercury content is concerned. Most of the vaccines still carry a small amount of mercury but since the year 2000 the amount has decreased drastically to a barely detectable amount or has been removed completely from the vaccines.

I believe in vaccinating children, however, since there is still a small amount of mercury in most vaccines. It would be more beneficial to space out the vaccines more and to delay some of the less important ones until the age of four.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 9:26 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Also in the Nursing field and I am FOR vaccination. I agree totally with the post above me.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 9:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• FOR!

the diseases are deadly! why would you risk your child's life when it could have been prevented? We've almost eradicated these disease but thanks to the non-vac moms, they are all on the rise again.

I have an autistic son, it wasn't caused by a vaccine, it was caused by his autistic father.

I do agree with the spacing out though from GirlNeffy. This is just so that my children have less side effects from the vaccine like the fever and crankiness and sore legs.
    Anonymous

• Highly against! The CDC states that 1 in 6 children is harmed by vaccines... 1in 6 is a whole lot in my eyes... I can't imagine actually injecting my kids with chemicals that I wouldn't let them touch in the cabinet... They are NOT 100% effective and in many cases the only reason the kids are immune to these diseases is because you give them a mild version with the vaccine... They are more of a danger than the diseases are. I have many sites that you chould check out just PM me and I'll send you a list. Also checkout http://www.cafemom.com/group/antivaccine and you can get alot of information there...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:43 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• For vaccinating except the flu.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:22 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• For vaccinating...just spacing them out..I agree on no flu shot.
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 11:47 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I am totally against. Both my boys had reactions to their immunizations. My middle one ended up with pneumonia a couple weeks after his DPT. I have held a normal baby and then two months later ended up with a screaming infant. My experiences are mild compared to others I have spoken with. Please do more research and LISTEN to moms. What ever your belief, it doesn't matter if the vaccines are "safe" if YOUR child reacts to it. For us it was just as an allergic reaction that kept getting worse.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:01 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Nothing is 100% but it is safer doing so than not. Look anyone in their 30's and later probably had chicken pox and their was no vac for it. Today we have it. 

Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 7:38 AM on Nov. 7, 2008