disaplining a 19month old what to do?

I swear we tell our 19month old no all day long and he just doesnt get it lol. i know its his age but its frustrating we have tried time outs we tell him no please dont do that but he just looks at us and does anyway. when we do time out he stays there but the second he gets out hes doing what we just told him he couldnt do. What else is there to do? is this just a stage of him testing us?

Jaxsmommy09

Asked by Jaxsmommy09 at 11:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well you could always try to remove whatever it is that he is trying so hard to get , if its possible, that way you dont always have to tell him no.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• its not just one thing hes always after he just a little monster lol. iv removed things that i can other items i cant move out of his reach.
    Jaxsmommy09

Comment by Jaxsmommy09 (original poster) at 11:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I give my son choices... if you touch that again, mommy will make you sit in time out... if you choose not to touch that again like mommy wants, then you can play over here... I started this when my son started walking, so about when he was a year old.... I know it seems like it would be a little early, but now my son knows that mommy means business.... I don't count or anything like that... at first he didn't stay put in his time out, but I just kept putting him back till he finally understood that he had to stay there... even if he did cry. It takes consistency, firmness but gentleness, and LOTS of patience, but just keep at it, and eventually it will stick. Now I have compliments on how well behaved he is, even though he is still a toddler... Hope this helps!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 11:15 AM on Dec. 9, 2010