How much is to much for a baby to spit up?

Brittany099

Asked by Brittany099 at 9:26 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If it looks like baby's full meal then that's trouble-my son did that come to find out he had gas. reflux...he's turned out ok.
    Anonymous

• REFLUX, if it is seeming more then you are feeding. ONE RELIEF, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED by me.....

PEDICTRICIAN CHIROPRACTOR....or even one that works with children....

That is the only way I got my sleep with my little one.
    I hope you seek this out before you medicate with reflex medicine
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 9:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• well my son is spitting up and sometimes its alot but others is not alot. my fiancees mom says that its fine all babies go through it. but i dont know if i should call the dr or not.
    Brittany099

Answer by Brittany099 at 9:32 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• well a few times he has spit up what looked more then what he ate.
    Brittany099

Answer by Brittany099 at 9:35 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Actually I just took my son to the doctor yesterday and had the same concern, I was worried he was spitting up to much. She said that its completely normal and the more they keep moving the more they will do it because there is a valve that doesn't completely close until they're up and walking. She said if it is the size of a saucer then it is really only about half an ounce and thats prefectly fine.
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Okay I totally know how you feel!! My little girl spit up more then any child I have ever been around in my entire life! I would be afraid to have people hold her, because she was guaranteed to spit up on them. And friends and family would comment how she spit up more then any child they ever knew also.
    So I asked my Doctor at every visit if maybe she had acid reflux and he kept telling me she'd grow out of it. Meanwhile I would go through at least 5 burb rags a day if not more. It was frustrating! I switched her formula to the Enfamil A.R. Lipil, for babies with spit up, but it didn't make a difference. Then I thought maybe she had an allergy so I switched her to soy formula, and there was a difference for like a day, and then it was the same, so sfter a couple months I put her back on Similac Advance, becaue my pediatrician said he was concerned about her not getting enough calcium with soy formula.
    MommyTuiaki

Answer by MommyTuiaki at 12:23 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• continued...

But now she's 8 months and she still spits up, but it's very little.
    So I will just say this: My pediatrician said as long as your baby is gaining weight and it doesn't make the baby unhappy then it's normal and some babies just spit up more then others.
    MommyTuiaki

Answer by MommyTuiaki at 12:24 AM on Nov. 7, 2008