Going out all night?

My mom has a holiday party coming up, will be going with my mom and my 12 yr old sister.
It's pretty extravagant and in the city, SF

It's mostly people who work for the company, there's award giving, a lot of drinking, eating, dancing. I want to go but I don't know. It won't end until 2am. I won't be home until morning cause we have to wait for people to be sober to drive back. My son is 1.

to stay out all night or not? Opinions?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 11:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think as long as he is with someone you trust then I would go. I have left my kids home with my husband and not come home until very early in the morning. Also, he is young and probably still naps so when he sleeps you can catch up on some sleep.

Have a great time!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:24 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• if you have a reliable sitter that you trust then I say go for it.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• i dont see why not as long as your safe and responsible. i have went to atlantic city for 2 days once for my birthday when my son was 1 year old. i was safe, and he was safe with my mother who he loves so i saw no problem with it. its ok to be you sometimes also and i say its better to do it when there young then when there older...
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Do you have anyone you feel comfortable leaving him there with for that long? Can you offer to be DD so you can get home a little sooner? (not to mention not having to deal with a one year old and a hangover, lol) If you have someone you are comfortable leaving him with then go for it. If not and you still want to go offer to be DD or take your own vehicle so you can get home earlier.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:13 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I say go for it if you have someone that you trust enough for you to be out all night like that. I went out with my sister last weekend for the first time my son is a year old also and we went to a bar. DS stayed with my mom and grandma. He was sleeping so it wasnt to big of a deal but it was nice to get out for a night and not have to worry if DS was going to be ok.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• not
    BeautytheBeast

Answer by BeautytheBeast at 11:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• make sure you have a trustworthy and reliable babysitter and treat yourself to a rare night out away from your kid and you'll feel so rested at least the mommy part will be rested the next day
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 11:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2010