How can I tithe joyfully?

How can I get over my overthinking of tithing? I think should I give this much or what if WE don't have enough...How much should I be giving...and has anyone ever gone through an gotten over this, how did you do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Tithe your 10% first. When you do it last then you over think it and give the devil room to move in. But when you do it first and you trust God to take care of you, you will see how He does take care of you. I've seen it so many times, it amazed me. This is the one area where God says you can test him. I can't remember the exact bible verse, but it does say that in the bible.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I forgot the % Christians ( I'm just assuming you're Christian) use to figure out tithing, but it isn't much. I give what I can on a weekly basis, if I have a $20 that's what I give, if I only have $1 that's what I give. I do give joyfully, that makes all the difference. I don't know how I became joyful of giving, it just happened. I have found the more I give the more I receive.

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 9:34 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I agree with feesharose and the bible verse is Malachi 3:10.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 9:39 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Doesn't it say in the NEW TESTAMENT to give however much you want to give cheerfully?
    Anonymous

• dont' overthink. We don't have much income at all right now, so we just give what we can. I'm sure God is thankful for it, either way.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 10:20 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure—pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return” (Luke 6:38). Few Scripture verses are quoted more often than Luke 6:38 regarding giving and receiving. Does it really mean what it seems to say? Does God promise to give to us abundantly? Do God's promises depend on our giving first? What about those who have nothing to give? Does that mean that they will receive nothing from the Lord?
    continued...
    OldrWizrMom

Answer by OldrWizrMom at 10:21 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• The promise by Jesus recorded in Luke 6:38 was not made exclusively to the rich, spiritual, gifted, or talented. It was a promise to anyone who would apply its principles. Although the promise does include prerequisites, they are not prerequisites that involve one's spiritual maturity or social status. The prerequisites are ones of action: give first, then you will receive.
    Taken from www.crown.org in the ARTICLES section
    OldrWizrMom

• God gave his Son because he loves us so much. We give back in tithe because we love Him. What we've done when we were broker than broke, my husband and I would seperately pray about how much to give, if we couldn't do the whole 10%. We came up with the same amount to give. Once at church, we'd write the check in the car then pray together to make our hearts right about our offering. When we placed it in the tray, our hearts were right with the Lord, no matter the amount. As long as we gave joyfully, we knew we were ok with Him. He doesn't want us to give/tithe if it causes tension. It all really boils down to trust. Your tithe reflects how much you trust Him. I'd suggest giving yourself a 30-day challenge or basically 4 Sundays to tithe the 10% & see if He doesn't bless you each week. If you do this challenge, please update us at the end?
    OldrWizrMom

Answer by OldrWizrMom at 10:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• it can be difficult. its a mind set you have to get into. malachi 3:10 was mentioned. in that verse it says TEST ME. that is using your faith. when you use your faith, and the one who is ALWAYS faithful does what he promises (blessings as a result of tithing), then your faith stretches and grows a little bit. my pastor always says, "when you move God moves". or ,when i am obedient to what He tells me to do in His word, He is faithful to do what He says. so i say this: TEST HIM. do it with a happy heart. make it a lifestyle. then see if He is true to His word!
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 11:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Choose a charity that you really believe in....or a church fund that you are involved with. When you feel connected to the area it feels really wonderful to give from the heart.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:58 PM on Nov. 6, 2008