Favorite Child?

Do you have a favorite child? Why is that one your favorite? I feel I am lucky I have one boy my oldest and my baby is my daughter both are very special and both are favorites in different ways. 

mrsljamieson

Asked by mrsljamieson at 11:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• every one has a favorite they will just lie and say they don't no one wants to admit it
    BeautytheBeast

Answer by BeautytheBeast at 11:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• no, i don't have a favorite there are just different things about each of them that i love...i love that my ds is the baby and still needs me alot, it also frustrates me how clingy he is, my dd is 4 and i love how smart and funny she is but she talks alot lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• well right now i only have 1 baby girl so she is my favorite
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 11:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• i have times i guess, like when my dd is behaving and my ds is acting a fool i like dd better or visa versa, but i love them the same and they both drive my nuts the same.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My favorites switch day to day on whoever is being cutest. When my toddler is having a constant tantrum day, my baby is the favorite. When my toddler is having a good day he is my favorite because he can say " i love you mommy" and my baby doesn't sleep through the night like my toddler does. Parents totally have favorites though. I'm going to try to love both equally as they grow...i promise!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 11:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I love all three of my kids (I just don't like them at times, I'll admit to that). Each of them is special in their own way. They are all very different, and I wouldn't want to change a thing.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:01 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Same ^ I have one daughter who is almost a year old and she is my favorite person in the world :)
    ashleyxo8

Answer by ashleyxo8 at 11:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I love my son (5) to death, but I will admit that in a way I do favor my daughter (2). I think it's because my son is a lot of work and I usually have to give him the majority of my attention. He is autistic and has ADHD so he needs a lot of attention at times and I just feel more relaxed when paying attention to my daughter. I do love them both equally, but it's just hard to deal with my son at times and it frustrates me that I don't understand him better. I also do feel guilty about it sometimes, but my mom favors my son over all her grandkids so in a way it makes me feel better.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• To some extent whoever is the baby is my favorite. With each of them I've just been so in love when they are babies, but as soon as they are about 2 that honeymoon phase seems to end. Of course I still love them, it just seems different in a way. Since I've so far had a baby every 2 years I'm curious if my last will change at 2 as well or if it will last longer.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I try my hardest not to play favorites with my children. Although I will admit I enjoying do different things with each of them (I have a boy and a girl.) For example I love having girly nights with my daughter, and I love playing soccer with my son. But I enjoying spending time with each of them the same. =)
    Tinkermumma

Answer by Tinkermumma at 12:29 AM on Dec. 9, 2010