Does anyone else know an adult male who still has night terrors?

If so, what is your experience? Do you know anything about it?

sunshine58103

Asked by sunshine58103 at 11:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Health

• my friends husband does then again he served in war
    BeautytheBeast

Answer by BeautytheBeast at 11:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• mine does due to the line of work he was in. He watched a family burn to death in a car while he worked in the PD. it still bothers him from time to time.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 11:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My father, brother, and I all have a form of sleep disorder where we know we are sleeping but are unable to wake ourselves up. My dad grunts until my step mom wakes him, my brother mumbles until sil wakes him, and I scream until I wake myself or until hubs wakes me.
    Anonymous

• he couldnt save them
    ready4baby2011

• Anon....do you guys have a name for it?

I'm sorry to hear your husband when though that - ready.
    sunshine58103

Comment by sunshine58103 (original poster) at 11:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• thanks it was rough on him but he is getting better. I try to be there for him.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 11:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• nope... never actually got a name for the condition... I just knows it runs in my family. My brothers daughter has HORRIFIC night terrors but it is worse than what little kids have because she would sleep walk too. Oh... my brother would sleep walk as a kid.. I just remembered that.
    Anonymous

• I just googled around... try looking at 'Sleep Paralysis' - http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/node/1740
    Anonymous

• Anon- since you are close to my situation... My husand and his brother both have what they call night terrors. These episodes involve literally running away from things, standing up and diving out of bed, screaming, and talking to me. I think it's awesome, entertaining and sometimes hilarious, but I really want to know what it is. Now, the only thing I've found a correlation with is that I think they are both a tad bit dyslexic and apparently that is the same part of the brain that makes you have night terrors. Neither of them have been to war or have had any tragedies happen.
    sunshine58103

Comment by sunshine58103 (original poster) at 11:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• totally different then what we have... we couldnt move if our lives depended on it.
    Anonymous