What's the longest you've ever stayed up?

When I was in boot camp, I was awake for over 24 hours. Yesterday, I was up for almost 24 hours. I couldn't get to sleep at all last night. I went to bed finally after my husband left for work this morning at 6:30. I slept until 1pm. Yes, my daughter was home with me. She hung out in my bedroom watching Hub channel and playing with her stuffed animals in my bedroom. She laid down with me for a bit, too. It was nice to have snuggles after a hard night.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 11:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Health

• 4 days. I suffer from insomnia normally - although currently I'm sleeping well, knock on wood.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:47 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• 72 hours in college, finals week sucked that year!! Lately 46 hours. I don't sleep well.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I went to boot camp at parris island and I had to stay up for 2 days. Then I stayed up again for 2 days after my dd was born who is my first child. I guess in that instance its because I had so much adrenaline and couldn't fall asleep.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• i had to stay up for 72hours for a EEG test once
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 11:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I think about 31 hours... From about 6:30am on a Friday til around 7ish pm on a saturday.. I started to go to bed that friday night and my water broke so I had to go to the hospital instead. I tried sleeping off and on after having her at 4:30 in the morning but I didnt get any til around 7-8 that night.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 11:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• 72 hours. That was when my mom was a meth addict and I stayed awake to make sure she didn't hurt herself. Eventually she would pass out after 3 days or so then I knew she would be out for a couple days so I could catch up on my sleep. I did that more times then I can count. Then I got pregnant with my son and couldn't stay awake for the life of me, so I just let her be and prayed nothing would happen to her. She has now been clean for just over 5 years and I am so proud of her.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• OMG, honestly, I did not sleep for 3 maybe 4 days after I had my son, not even a wink. I just couldn't. I don't know why, but after the few days I finally got tired and just passed out
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:05 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I was going to say boot camp, too (battle stations!). We were up from 6AM the morning of until 10PM the next day. Exhausting!! Not to mention all of the physical activity in between. Ug.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:11 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I think maybe 36 hrs? NIce that you got to have some snuggle time.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 12:51 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• 4 days.
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 1:31 AM on Dec. 9, 2010