My hands are really dry to the point that they hurt. Does anybody know of anything to use that works great?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 11:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Health

• Neutrogena hand emulsion is excellent and a little dab goes a long way. Aveeno's hand cream and Avon's moisture therapy work well, too. There's also Glysomed, but this is harder to find. I don't care for the greasier formulations because it takes longer for them to be absorbed into my skin. I find that it works best to wash my hands prior to applying the ointment/cream because they spread better/more evenly. Consistency is key as well as applying repeatedly throughout the day. Wearing gloves after slathering before you go to bed at night really helps, too.
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 2:36 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Burts bees hand salve
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My poor hands are dry as well. I lather Eucerin Original Creme on them throughout the day. Helps a lot.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• In addition to any of the above, I would recommend Vaseline at night. When my hands are the worst, I apply a good coating of Vaseline and then put on cotton gloves and leave overnight. I found plain white dermatologic gloves at the drugstore. The same works great with feet and cotton socks.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 11:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• If they are to the point where it is PAINFUL, I would suggest doing the vaseline (or bag balm) in gloves. Once you get them back to a normal situation then I would make sure that you are staying hydrated and that you use lotion (or oil) regularly and often.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 12:50 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• corn huskers lotion
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 11:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• A moisturizer lotion fregance free though .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 11:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Aloe gel and then the bath and body line for hands. There are also home remedies you can do. if you have gloves you can coat your hands in Vaseline and then put the gloves on. Or even a "milk" soak I know it sounds weird.
    There's also nothing wrong with the regular lotions that you get from the store. They just take longer and you have to be consistent.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 11:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• curel hand lotin
    bethjarju27

Answer by bethjarju27 at 12:06 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• curel lotion
    bethjarju27

Answer by bethjarju27 at 12:07 AM on Dec. 9, 2010