swollen lymph nodes ina 6 month old...

My 6 mo DS has had swollen lymph nodes in his neck and behind his ears since he was born. The Drs don't seem to think it's a big deal but I can't help but be concerned! Has anyone else had this happen and does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this?! The ran some blood work at his well baby visit and everything came back ok (i.e. no cancers) but still no explanation as to why this is happening :(

mommy2mason529

Asked by mommy2mason529 at 11:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sorry, I do not know the answer to this one. Neither of my kids had this issue. I would recommend getting a second opinion if you haven't already. Did you see a specialist? Good luck!
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 2:22 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• why would you answer the question if you don't have an actual answer?
    mommy2mason529

Comment by mommy2mason529 (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I know that swollen lymph nodes are a sight of infection that the body is fighting and having a hard time but it is doing its job. As far as what the doctors are saying I would recommend seeing another doctor and getting a second opinion. Sometimes doctors dont see things that they need to and sometimes there is just nothing to really see. Just get a second opinion and sometimes insurances dont require a refurrel to see a specialist so you can see about that as well.
    -Q-

Answer by -Q- at 4:52 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I had a branchial cleft cyst. It was a lump and went up to my ear. I only had it on one side of my neck. I was born with it, but didnt know I had it until I was 31. My ENT said it is common and they mostly find it before age 5...it is nothing serous though.....good luck
    BWIND

Answer by BWIND at 7:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2010