No sex during pregnancy. adult content

My SO doesn't have any interest in having sex with me since I have been pregnant. I'm 31 weeks and we have had sex 2 times since I found out I was pregnant. I asked him about it and he says he is afraid to hurt the baby. I have explained to him many times he will not hurt the baby. I'm really not that interested in having sex either. I think it just bothers me that he doesn't want to. And it scares me a lot that maybe he will get used to this no sex thing and it will continue after I have the baby. Anyone gone through this and/or have constructive advice for me??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• I think you have nothing to worry about. Men go through that and he will go back to normal after the baby is here.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 11:59 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Guys have different reactions to their ladies being pregnant. Some guys are really turned on, and some guys are turned off, and some are in the middle. All of these are normal. However, that doesn't make you feel better, I know! After a baby comes, the sex does change, but I'm sure his drive will be right back to where it was before you got pregnant. It might just be weird for him to think there's a baby so close when he's in there, you know? It could be all kinds of things. When you had sex the 2 times, what were the circumstances? How was he? Did he seem uncomfortable, or was he able to enjoy himself? Go back to whatever worked then. You can also experiment with vibrators and stuff, and let him watch you. The orgasms during pregnancy are mind-blowing!! Good luck, mama. I hope things turn around for you soon!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:03 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I didnt want sex while pregs because i thought about the baby and it was just weird to me to do it for some reason lol but i dont think you have to worry about him not wanting sex EVER again. Once your baby is born (congrats btw) and those 6 weeks are thru / able to have sex again than things will most likely be back to normal in that department. he's such cautious thats all, which isnt so bad!
    ashleyxo8

Answer by ashleyxo8 at 12:05 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• That happened when I was pregnant with dd. Dh didn't want sex at all but after baby was born his sex drive was back into full swing. I wouldn't worry about it at all. Things will hopefully be back to normal after you have your baby.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 12:08 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Just look at it from a different perspective ..... he loves you and the baby and does not want to hurt it. that means he is caring with a soft tender heart. you know how many men could give a rats behind about the baby and just want to have the sex? alot!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:14 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Go slowly, for him and for you, its a trip being pregg and its not just who is going through it. remember he has to get used to the idea too.
    Maybe you could 'get him in the mood' by preparing a romantic dinner or dessert (ahem!) and give him a massage ... baby steps, it will come back to you guys, its just a matter of time... be patient..
    good luck
    joyce@mazelabs.com
    www.mazecordblood.com
    jtkmom3

Answer by jtkmom3 at 6:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2011