Has anyone triethe HCG diet?

Good idea? bad idea?

sunshine58103

Asked by sunshine58103 at 12:06 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Health

• My friend did. She got god awful sick over it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• If you can stick to the 500 calorie part and not cheat it's a great idea! I was on it for only 3 days and I lost 6 pounds but unfortunately I don't have the will power to stick with only 500 calories. And it doesn't help when your kids eat all of the food you can eat! lol
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 12:08 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• my mom did and lost 45 pounds in a couple months
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:10 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Holy crap! Domonique...where was she to begin with? Did she get sick or crabby?
    sunshine58103

Comment by sunshine58103 (original poster) at 12:13 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• She went from 180 something to like 140. But the diet is like some odd weeks long and she did the full diet once, lost 30lbs, took a break, and then lost the other 15lbs.

No she just secluded herself a lot because she didn't want to be in the kitchen, which is where we pretty much hang out, idk y really. But she did it right before she got her tummy tuck and the plastic surgeons wife is all calling my mom now to get the diet and the drops from her. LOL it's that good. I would do it, but I can't starve
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:25 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• One of my friends did it and had good results, but I don't trust it. It's weird that you can't even touch fat (she was my doula and was on the diet when i had my daughter... she had to wear gloves to use massage oil lol). I don't think it's a good idea to mess with your hormones just to lose weight, nor do I think the weight will stay off. 500 calories a day is starvation. I think that unless you really shift your lifestyle it will all come back, and you can lose weight just by shifting your lifestyle anyway. So... I dn't recommend it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:25 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I dunno... I'm skeptical about radical diet changes...
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 12:48 AM on Dec. 9, 2010