Mirena bc

I have it and I love it! Way better than a pill everyday and accidently forget taking it (that's exactly how I got pregnant before lol but NO REGRETS!) but does anyone else have it? What are your thoughts on it??

ashleyxo8

Asked by ashleyxo8 at 12:09 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• hated it, loved that I didn't have to take a pill, but it caused me to get ovarian cysts that burst(very painful) and then other unexplainable pain until i made them take it out.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:12 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I have it too. My only complaint is all the spotting I get (I know everyone is different on this one). I DON'T miss the pill at all! I hated taking a pill every day, and freaking out if I missed one, and I hated Depo even more (I gained 45 lbs in 9 months!). Definitely happiest so far with Mirena.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:13 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Well, at first i hate a lot of spotting and cramping, as my dr. said would happen so that wasnt cool and also putting it in after having a baby was NOT fun at all! but I guess my body did get used to it bc it's a charm now! Sorry that happened to you tho :(
    ashleyxo8

Comment by ashleyxo8 (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I've had it for 2 weeks and have had a light period/heavy spotting since. Definitely effective if I'm bleeding too much to have sex :) It's my only choice though, I can't remember to take anything else.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 12:20 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Had it, loved it, will get it again. No spotting, no bleeding, no cramps, no PMS, no nothing!!!!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:26 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• haha! yeah my bleeding lasted awhile, like around 2 months or so. it was annoying but it's good to go now! + I dont have my actual period. I feel like i'm on it tho but no bleeding so whatever!
    ashleyxo8

Comment by ashleyxo8 (original poster) at 12:27 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Had it, hated it and it almost put me in the hospital, so eventually I found someone who would remove it for less than $500. I have journals about the hell I went through with it.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:44 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• what! what happened? if you dont mind me asking...
    ashleyxo8

Comment by ashleyxo8 (original poster) at 12:52 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I have it. I have cramps all the time with not a single drop of blood. Some days, I think it is puncturing my uterus. The OB says its right in place...............many cramps though. I have never had a period since I had it inserted in Nov. 2008....no even a tiny bit of spotting. My only concern is the pain. It's not terribly strong, but I feel like with all the pain, there should be something happening. Either way, I'm not ready to be pregnant, so I deal with it. May I add, it's much better than the pill(miss one day and bleed for weeks) and the Nuvaring (where I had migraines constantly). I guess I'm not complaining, but I'm saying that its not perfect.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:25 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I always wanted to try it, but I'm TTC now.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 2:54 AM on Dec. 9, 2010