I'm socially closed off. My 2 year old son isn't and I feel he's suffering for it. What do I do?

I'm kinda shy at times but I really lock up in social situations. How do I meet other mom's who just want to be friends? Not only does my son need someone to play with....So do I.

sarahnstl

Asked by sarahnstl at 12:21 AM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am the same way! We recently became members at our church and I am just forcing myself to get more involved with other mom's of kids my daughters age. I am volunteering for the nursery and 2's and 3's class. It's a great way to meet other mom's and form playdates, etc. Just an idea....it really worked well for me.
    HomeBoundMama

Answer by HomeBoundMama at 12:54 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Maybe take him to some place like a Baby Gym or something if you can afford it.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 1:33 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Have you looked here on cafemom to see if there is a playgroup in your area? If you are shy you can get to know the moms online before you meet them in person.
    mamastefl

Answer by mamastefl at 2:33 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I deal with the same issues. I am very shy and my 2 yr old son is a very difficult child and most people do not want to deal with it. My 4 yr old suffers because most parents don't want their children around my son. I enrolled my 4 yr old in dance class finally and she loves it and at least she can socialize with kids her own age an hour a week.
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2008