Will you read my story & tell me what you think of me? adult content

I'm sure many of you will be able to guess who I am. There has just been a lot of bashing on here tonight, & I'd rather it be here than in my inbox. Here's my story, or the pertinent parts anyway: I met my now-fiance when I was a 14 year old high-school freshman. We clicked immediately, and have been committed since. We were together for almost a year, & I'd been on birth control for over 2 months, before we made love. I'm not irresponsible. About a year later (my junior year, I was 16) our daughter was born. I took my pill every day, at exactly the same time. No one's sure why it happened. After she was born, we found out that she had severe special needs. She has lots of doctors for different reasons & requires a lot of time, energy, care, & love. This will most likely always be the case. Nothing that we did or could have done caused this or would have changed it; doctors have told us this many times. Through all this, there was never a thought of DF leaving- we were happy (as happy as you can be while shocked & terrified :) We both graduated high school- I was 3rd in the class & already had quite a few college credits under my belt. I'm now an honors nursing student on scholarship at the community college & work an online job from home. DF works as well. We're saving up for a place of our own; my parents are happily letting DD & I live with them until then, as long as I do well in school. My little miracle girl, who shouldn't be here for 2 separate reasons (my birth control, plus doctors say my body should have rejected her because of the root of her special needs) will be 3 soon, & everybody who meets her falls in love with her. I think I'm doing alright, all things considered- exhausted most of the time, bitchy & snarky when I get mad, unreasonably jealous sometimes over little things, a little bit passive-aggressive, and I'm on some low-dose anti-anxiety meds... but that's about it. I love my man, I love my daughter, they both love me (well, seem to, anyway :) & I'm doing well in school for something I love to do. I guess my question really is.... what do you think of me? Please be honest here- feel free to use the anon button if your opinion is negative & it makes you more comfortable. I'd just like some true evaluation of my progress as a mother (from what you can know over the internet, anyway). Thanks for reading if you've made it this far!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think it sounds like you're making the best of your situation, and doing a good job! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:32 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• GOOD JOB GIRL!! I think you are doing great and keep it up. You will be an inspiration to many women.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 12:27 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I don't understand why it matters what a bunch of strangers think of you. Live your life the best you can, that is all anyone can ask.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:29 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Sounds to me you're doing awesome considering all thats gone on. You know, most of us have made mistakes in our lives or have done things that maybe sent us on the path least wanted but I truely believe in karma and you're where you should be..Don't question yourself or your baby girl, keep going strong and work hard for all your accomplishments and be proud of them & who you are as a woman!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:32 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I think you sound like amazing person :)
    brownstar

Answer by brownstar at 12:34 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Great Job. God has great plans for that miricle little girl of yours God wanted you to have her and knew that you would be able to handle the wonderful job of raising such a beautiful little girl. You are so blessed please always remember God will never put more on you than you can handle. He's an Awesome God and you are an Awesome Mom. God bless you and your family. You are doing a great job and I think your wonderful.
    Die4Jesus

Answer by Die4Jesus at 12:39 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• What's to be bitchy about? You are a hard working mom - if you left out the part where you are a crack smoking drug dealer who's pimping out their kid for a fix then I guess that would require a smack down! LOL Keep on truckin little sister being a mom is the best job in the world and also the hardest. Even super moms with super kids have doubts, fears etc. don't sweat the small stuff and jealous negative people are the small stuff in life. Here's a little christmas, xmas, yule, or whatev gift early - giving you unconditional love and acceptance, peace of mind and body, and the strength and courage to persevere against the odds.

Good Luck and Best Wishes

mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 1:55 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Thank you all, ladies. Die4Jesus- I know He only gives us what He thinks we can handle, but sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:42 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Do not look outside yourself for approval, b/c in all honesty it doesnt matter. You know deep down you are an amazing mommy and a hard worker. No one needs to validate that for you hunny. The only reason I say this to you, is that I have been a single mom for 6 yrs and have raised my kids alone. I still get judgemental comments from other parents who hardly even know me. I had a parent recently ask me how I could live where I live with my kids. We dont live in a suburban neighborhood, but we are very safe here in our apt. Expect mixed reactions and learn to let them roll off of you,,and know, that you are an amazing mother!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I think its awesome. It is hard and rewarding work raising a child with special needs. It doesnt matter your age and you really should NOT judge yourself as a person or a mother just because of what other people say on this webpage.

I am proud of you! and your bf
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 1:29 AM on Dec. 9, 2010