POST PARTUM DEPRESHION

OK IM SUFFERING AND HAVE BEEN SUFFERING FROM POST PARTUM DEPRESHION. CAN ANY ONE GIVE ME ADVICE AS HOW TO DEAL WITH IT W/O GETTING MEDS. THE MEDS DONT SEEM TO BE HELPING ME. THANKS LADIES

NevansMommy

Asked by NevansMommy at 1:07 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• counseling
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 1:09 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I think I had PPD too, the best advise I can give you is eat well exersize and think of all the good in your life,
    cause there is always someone worse off than you.
    Hang in there darling you'll get through it, don't forget you have people that love you and need you to get better!
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 1:12 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I don't think any one has the perfect answer. But for sure keep seeking help. Get a counselor to talk to, and ask your doctor to try another drug. Sometimes it takes awhile for the drug you're taking to have effect, so don't be discouraged if he tells you to try for a little longer. Drink plenty of water and try getting out in the fresh air. Get sunshine on your face every day.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:13 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• THANK YOU FOR THE ADVICE LADIES
    NevansMommy

Comment by NevansMommy (original poster) at 1:19 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I think I had PPD as well. It helped me to talk to friends. I would suggest the same for you. Also, as much as you might want to stay at home, it is a good idea to get out and take a walk with your baby (bundling of course if you're in a cold region). Exercise helps a lot, even if you do only 10 or 15 minutes a day. Breathe deeply!
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 2:01 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• You can take St. John's wort... but only if you aren't taking birth control. (It can effect the hormones in your birth control)
    KitKatCadillac

Answer by KitKatCadillac at 2:36 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Hello!My name is carisa and grl i've been there before after having my daughter that is three.I cried all the time had mixd emotions and felt like i was a bad parent for having feeling like i did.what workd for me that u might wanna try is giving urself some u time.what i mean is take a walk,talk on the phone to a good friend,go shopping do things for urself that make u feel good.as time goes on your feelings of depression and stuff will subside.alot of women and men go thru post pardom dep.And if after a while u dnt seem to feel any kind of relief then u could consider talkn to a counciler and maybe going the med route.I wish u luck and feel free to hit me back anytime...
    carisa368

Answer by carisa368 at 8:28 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Post Partum Depression can become serious. First call your doctor and tell them what you are experiencing. Know that it IS normal, but you need to watch it so it does not get out of control. Your doc should be used to dealing with this, and can offer you help.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:27 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Unfortunately, I went through my postpartum depression undiagnosed, and with a lack of patience and understanding from my first husband, my family, or my friends, so I had a hard time. Had I sought therapy, the healing process might have been much quicker than the six months the worst of it lasted. Find someone who specializes in this field and get help. Good luck! You are in my thoughts and prayers. A lot of women don't talk about it because they're ashamed and feel that they are a bad parent. You are neither. The longer you put off treatment, the longer it will last. Please, get help for your own sake and the sake of your child.
    Treefrog64

Answer by Treefrog64 at 11:55 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Counseling and keeping a journal helps me
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:27 PM on Dec. 9, 2010