HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH FOR CHRISTMAS

OK SO I HAVE A 7 MONTH OLD DAUGHTER AND THIS WILL BE HER FIRST CHRISTMAS.MY HUBBY AND I HAVE BEEN BUYING LEARNING TOYS AND STOCKING STUFFINGS. EVERY ONE KEEPS SAYING THAT WE SHOULDNT B/C SHE IS IN THEIR EYES TOO YOUNG AND WONT REMEMBER. BUT WE WANT ALL OF HER FIRST TO BE AMAZING. WHAT DO YOU THINK?? THANKS LADIES

NevansMommy

Asked by NevansMommy at 1:11 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think whatever you want to give is your business. It's your money and your child so get whatever you want.

We did stocking stuffers and lots of toys for both of our children's first Christmas.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 1:14 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• oh, just enjoy it. Before you know it you will have a grumpy teenager on your hands who wants to disappear after the gifts are open. Wait a minute, thats MY house! lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:29 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• You don't want to overwhelm her with too much, or she won't know what to play with. Other than that, enjoy!
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 1:42 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I think they're right that she won't remember this, but it's up to you. I personally won't be buying my son anything for Christmas until he's old enough to understand and appreciate it.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:54 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• make this Christmas however you want it. You can always videotape it for the baby and family and she will see it again and again its ur Christmas go crazy if you want.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 2:06 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• What you do is your business, but really, two is when they start loving all that stuff. I would limit it to a few things and NEVER go into debt for Christmas, ever. Never ever ever. It is not worth it at all, ever.
    squish

Answer by squish at 2:33 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I did the same thing, they might not remember it but you will :) You can look at it this way to, you know you would buy the toys anyway so why not do it on christmas?!?! My little one will be 5 months on christmas and I still bought her a bunch of toys, I did however save A LOT of money and when to a gently used 2nd hand shop and bought a ton of toys for $40 where 1 of the toys I got would have been that if I bought it new! :) (i did get a few new things to).... I say go for it, they only stay little a short period of time!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 7:29 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• it depends on your financial situation. if you can give high ticket items and not kill your savings then cool but its the thought that counts anyway. i start my shopping in Oct. so by December it isn't that hard on my pockets.
    jfrancis91680

Answer by jfrancis91680 at 8:30 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• well when my girls were tha age i would 3 toys for them and a couple outfits because they dont even know what is going on
    strawberry47

Answer by strawberry47 at 9:18 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Firsts only come once. This Christmas is more about you and your husband celebrating your child. Give her as much as you want but be prepared because she probably won't seem interested or as excited as you might expect. Other than that, who cares!! These moments only come once and then they are gone!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:33 AM on Dec. 9, 2010