Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

What would you do?

What would you do if your child told you about being sexually abused by his legal (not biological) father and you had already been warned by a judge he'd get custody if you refused visitation anymore?

Answer Question

Asked by sweet29mom at 1:56 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 18 (5,093 Credits)
Answers (13)
  • I would get an attorney and fight it and have his rights taken away.

    Answer by ready4baby2011 at 1:57 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

  • Same here

    Answer by nowmommyof2 at 1:58 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

  • Disappear. Move to mexico. Serious, I know a woman who went through this. She got her little girl in the long run, but there were too many years of continued visitation and molestation, while judges and therapists hedged. I don't know if I could go through that.

    Answer by Adelicious at 2:01 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

  • Um. No judge is going to allow custody to a sexually abusive father..

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

  • You go to the police and child services. Please don't allow this child back to the father until a investigation is done.

    Answer by aitson at 2:49 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

  • I would go to the police and then either have him examined by a doctor. I agree no judge would allow a child to go to a sexually abusive person. If nothing else works I would disappear. This is not as easy as it seems, although it can be done.

    Good Luck!

    Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:11 AM on Dec. 9, 2010


    Answer by HomeAlone45 at 9:54 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

  • Talk to the police & a lawyer.

    Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:01 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

  • If all legal ways seemed to be failing me, we would disapear.

    Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 10:10 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

  • First, I would go to a doctor and have him examined and see if there is any basis for these concerns. If there is go to the police and/or a lawyer and see what can be done. If all else fails and the ruling stands, then I would disappear and make sure my child is safe. My only priority is my child, and if I have to take he law into my own hands to do it, then I will.

    Answer by Treefrog64 at 10:42 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.