Potty Training

I'm going to start potty training my 2 1/2 yr old son next week bc he's starting to bring us diapers when he's wet and poopy so I'm taking tht as a sign he's ready. Whats the best way to start? Should I use pullups? About how long did it take your kids to get it down? How do you teach them to tel you before they go and not after? Any help is appreciated!!!

howardsmom

Asked by howardsmom at 2:31 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We started using pullups when they were old enough to pull of the diaper. After that it's all up to them. Let him go a little at time in regular underpants. Ask constantly if he needs to go. That will help him what it feels like when he needs the urge. Be patient, it is a long messy road.
    aitson

Answer by aitson at 2:40 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• In my case I started to drink a lot of water so I had to go every 2 hours and every time took my daughter to the bathroom with me and sat her in the potty I started to use the pull ups and she was excited that she was going just like mommy that was for 3 weeks and then the 4th week I decided not to drink that much water and see what she would do so she went by herself and after she was done she ask me to help her put her pull up back on later on she still followed me to the bathroom for a about 2 more weeks and then finaly did not even told me she was going she just went also is very hot in So Cal so she started to remove the pull ups because she felt too hot thats when started to buy little undies. kids imitate what the parent does so if he sees that is not a big of a deal for you it wont be for him either and you wont have to deal with him been afraid of going to the potty.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 2:45 AM on Dec. 9, 2010