looking for pug puppy

i live in louisville ky and i am looking for a pug puppy by xmas for grand daughter and husband they need a couch companion hopefully free to good home

jeanette720

Asked by jeanette720 at 2:38 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Pets

• good luck with the free part -and beware if you do get a free pug unless it is someone you know - pugs have expensive health issues. Pugs have small litters and most do not survive driving price and demand up. We have owned and loved pugs for over 30 years great companion pets - worth the money! Good Luck and Best Wishes.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 3:02 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Good luck with that! Many Reputable places will not allow their animals to be adopted out as Christmas presents because so many returned after the holidays. Look for a pug rescue in your state. It won't be free probably several hundred dollers but that is a good place to start looking.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 6:32 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Check out Craig's List. I doubt you will find a free one. There are tons of animals that need good homes that are in the shelter. You could always look there and save a life :0)
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 10:08 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Try petfinders.com or just google breeders
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Dogs are not free. Breeders will not give you a dog, especially around this time.
    Does your grandchild have the money, the space, the time, the energy, the money, the freedom, the money and, oh, money for a dog?
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 1:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• the only pugs I've seen around here that are free was two 10year old pugs to a good home in Iowa. Good luck. I have a pug and paid $400 for her and that was about the cheapest that I could find and still trust the bloodline. Some people breed them so much that they have major health problems. I love my pug and would definitely go get another one from the same breeder. He didn't do it for money- he did it because he loves them too. If you're serious about a pug go to someone reputable and expect to pay for it.
    Nindy

Answer by Nindy at 6:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I have a pug that im giving away free to a good home...hes about 11 months old, hes a fawn colored pug, hes well tempered and loves kids he was very gentle with my two, hes potty trained as well. we love him very much but we have another dog that keeps fighting with him and we are afraid she will hurt him.
    maxmommy19

Answer by maxmommy19 at 7:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2010