Dear members: I am 32 weeks pregnant (2nd baby), yesterday the doctor told me that the baby is in its head-down position. Is it too fast to take this position? Do you think head-down position creates more discomfort for walking or doing other things? Thanks

Yemi332

Asked by Yemi332 at 2:45 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not too soon but take it easy, did DR act like it was a big deal? How come you didn't ask?
    Only you know how you feel, if your uncomfortable, put your feet up for a bit.
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 2:52 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I think it's normal my son did that though don't do what I did and not take it easy cause I didn't take it easy my son almost came eight weeks early four times cause I didn't take it easy I had a rough pregnancy
    lonemom1987

Answer by lonemom1987 at 4:15 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• There really is no "normal" when it comes to pregnancy. My daughter didn't turn until about 36 weeks (boy did that hurt). My son on the other hand was head down by 28 weeks and that is the way that he stayed up until the day I delivered..then the little booger TRIED to turn but his 8lb self got stuck half transverse, which is why I had a c section. It never really was uncomfortable for me until he started to drop. but do take it easy on yourself anyway. Your in the final stretch =) Good luck
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:09 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Two of my three were head down as I entered my third trimester and stayed that way. Yes the further along you get, the more they drop the harder it is to walk and do things. My third however, didn't get into position until 36 weeks.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 12:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• No, it's not too soon. Actually that position will take pressure off your lungs and make it easier for you to breath.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• My baby moved all over the place. I think her head was down this early as well, but then she would move. It's not too early.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 3:27 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• That is nothing to worry about. All three of my babies seemed to prefer the head down position. Just hope that your child stays that way. =)
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 5:08 PM on Dec. 9, 2010