I am late on my period, and having some pregnancy symptoms. I had a hpt done at a clinic, and i took one at home ( not with first morning urine), and had bloodwork done, and all answers were negative. I still have not started my period, is there i chance i can still be pregnant?

M8beprego

Asked by M8beprego at 3:05 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't know sometimes stress can cause a late period
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 3:06 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• haha yeah, it can, although i have had a lot going on in the last 6 months stresswise, and i have always had my period regularly.
    M8beprego

Comment by M8beprego (original poster) at 3:13 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• My hubbys Aunt was prego and the HPT was neg, but I don't know about bloodwork?
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 3:16 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I have heard that if your early in the pregnancy it could be negative and you could still be prego, but idk...thanks for your input :).....haha, i just want my period to show up, or a positive test, lol!! :)
    M8beprego

Comment by M8beprego (original poster) at 3:21 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I would schedule another appointment with a gyno just in case could be stress could be a false pregnancy or it's early . A pap smear could also help . I went through something like this and I had a false pregnancy and it hit me hard . So when i actually got pregnant with my first born I didn't believe it until i went to my gynocologist and told them my history and what i went through and they gave me a pap sorry if ( tmi) but the doctor can tell you if you are or not or if something else is causing the late periods. Hope this helps you .

Moon
    moonwillow6975

Answer by moonwillow6975 at 3:26 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• thanks Moonwillow, yes it does help. I am having some symptoms besides being late, and thats what has me wondering the most....i am more fatigued, and somewhat queezy, my boobs feel different, and i have this weird fluttering feeling in my mid to low abdomen. ( i know it isnt a baby kicking already :)
    M8beprego

Comment by M8beprego (original poster) at 3:32 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• 405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:48 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• it can be possibale that you are prego and the test be neg. there is this show called i didnt know i was prego, idk if you heard of it or not but it comes on tlc channel, well anyway it can happened. try waiting for next month and then take the test or go to the docs. hope this helps.
    dement

Answer by dement at 10:08 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Wait a week. If you haven't started your period yet then take another HPT. If that's still negative make another appointment with your OBGYN.

My sister took like 5 pregnancy test and a blood test in her first trimester and they all came up negative. Finally she was throwing up and kept passing out so she went BACK to the doctor.

They did another blood test but decided to do a ultra sound while they waited on the results. Sure enough....she was pregnant with TWINS! The doctor was shocked that it never showed up. The blood test did end up coming back positive but at that time she was 14 weeks pregnant!

Just try to be patient and wait it out. Try not to get your hopes of to much. One time I was two weeks late (this is before I was charting and knew when I ovulated) and thought for sure I was pregnant only to start my period the day after I took a pregnancy test.

Good Luck To You!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• You aren't that 16 year old girl who was trying to get pregnant are you? I sincerely hope not. I do not advocate teen pregnancy. If you are not please forgive me. Your screen name is just really similar to hers and she deleted her original page.

Ok....well assuming you are not, I would go back for another blood test in 2-3 weeks if your period doesn't show up. I know that sounds like a long time but it will really give you the best chances of getting the best results.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Dec. 9, 2010