Need a clever idea to keep LO from opening wrapped presents that are under the tree.

I wrapped about ten presents today. I put ribbons and bows on them. Now they are not even close to what they look liked before. It was all day task keeping her from opening them. Anyone have a clever idea to keep her from opening them without me having to put them away?

aitson

Asked by aitson at 3:18 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Holidays

• We have put baby gates around the tree before. This year we cleaned out the play pen, stuck it in a corner and covered it with a big blankie. When my twins were babies, we had to wait until christmas eve to wrap presents. We had to hide them until christmas. Good luck.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 5:58 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I dont know....this is the 1st time in 6 yrs I have put anything under my tree.....and I just know they are still safe bc I shoved them back far so she wouldnt notice! I never even gave my other 2 the chance......
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 5:59 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I'm like KARRIEMARIE, I just play it safe and wrap them Christmas Eve. I remember as a kid I would slowly open at the sides of the gifts to see what I got. Then put them back in the wrapping. Lol. I always knew preety much what I was getting. So I am going to make sure my kids can't do that.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 6:17 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• We wrap gifts and then hide them somewhere easy to get to christmas night. That is the only way I know for my kids not to get into them.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 8:51 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Don't put them out until it's time to open them.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:52 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I don't usually put presents out until Christmas Eve when the kiddos are asleep. That way they don't want them all the time and they don't try to mess with them!
    mom23girls555

Answer by mom23girls555 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Don't put them out until Christmas morning.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2010