Did anyone find it hard to let go a lil when there youngest was becoming a teen?

I will be soon have another daughter who is turning the big thirteen and I just sit there in awe on how much they change . Last year she had just out grown her carebear collection. I had to hold back the tears .I admit i have embraced the changes and have watched her blossom into this new stage I'm proud of her and the lil woman she's becomming . At times it's a lil hard to let her make some decisions on her own . She's our quiet one and i still let her know that i'm here for anything she may have questions on to not be afraid to talk to me or her dad about.

moonwillow

moonwillow6975

Asked by moonwillow6975 at 3:40 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• were on the same boat...it's really hard for me also but we dont have any choice but to be happy for our teen,...there are growing so fast that makes me sad also...
    neng999

Answer by neng999 at 4:22 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• ty to all the mommies out there... :O)
    moonwillow6975

Comment by moonwillow6975 (original poster) at 4:47 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• and the daddys too.

ya, its hard to watch them grow up physically and mentally. They are no longer the happy little tykes that like toys and cartoon shows and always look up to you and turn into these taller people with interests we can't always relate to and don't appear as interested in us as they once were.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:24 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I know what you mean. My oldest just turned 12. Just have to sit back and watch the changes, while trying to avoid tears.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 6:13 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• My daughter is now 14, I try not to think about how short the next few years truly are before she leaves the "nest". I already hate that time...Lol
    Suzie2mom

Answer by Suzie2mom at 7:00 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I think 18 will be harder for me...my daughter just turned 17 and I don't know what I'll do if she turns 18 and decides to go off to college somewehre else :(
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:10 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Funny you asked! My "baby" will be 15 in January! We had our first all teen Christmas last year and it made me rather sad! My oldest turned 18 this year! I keep trying to hang on a little longer and keep reminding them of all the things I remember and yet still trying to respect the people they are becoming and need to become! It is a little sad to see them growing away from me but it is fascinating to watch and be a part of where they are going! Such mixed emotions!
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 8:15 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• A little bit. My baby is 17 and she is finally growing up.She has yet to have her first boy friend, kiss or hold hands. I love the nice mature young lady she has become. She is my treasure. I simply show her love every day and tell her I love her.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:02 AM on Dec. 9, 2010