Is It Possible To Get Pregnant Right Before Your Period?

My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for a year now. I had intercourse with him four days ago and my period (heavy bleeding) has been lastingfor 5 days. im very irregular and light but this time I've had achy breasts and iv been very moody plus i cant hold any urine. Plus if i stand on my feet for too long they will hurt very bad and be swolen. So tell me what you think. P.S i have never had achy breats in a long time scince my breasts have started to grow actualy,shrugging

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• May b, best of luck
    A11

Answer by A11 at 5:45 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• It is possible to get pregnant at anytime if you have unprotected sex. Good luck!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:16 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• It's not likely unless you ovulate very late in your cycle. Also the swollen feet don't usually come until the end of pregnancy.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:27 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I understand but i forgot that i stay on my feet a lot so pls forget that i said that plus i record my temp and i noticed that at the end of my cycle i have a spike
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:11 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• You ovulate 11-17 days BEFORE you period so if that was truly you period then it would be IMPOSSIBLE for you to get pregnant 4 days before your period.

If you think you may have concieved earlier in the month then the bleedin could be hormonal bleeding which sometimes happens in the 1st trimester and can be heavy or it could be a miscarriage. If you think you might be pregnant take a HPT but I really think it's unlikely.

Do you chart cervical mucus as well? That the only real way of knowing when you are fertile and the BBT will confirm ovulation.

Can you post your chart? I could help you better if I'm able to see your chart. BBT charting tells SO much.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I would say that you are not. Ovulation occures half way inbetween your last cycle and this one. You're most fertile just before and just after ovulation. In addition, most pregnancy symptoms don't show up until at least 6 weeks with the expection of a missed period.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Ovulation generally occurs 11-16 days before your period. It is possible to conceive shortly before or during your period, but only if you have a very short cycle that month (3 weeks or less). If you have normal 4-5 weeks cycles, it's not possible.

Since you're irregular, your best would be charting, especially basal body temperature and cervical mucus. Read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler and check out FertilityFriend.com for good pointers.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• you can take a hpt after your flow stops and then take it from there.be blessed
    Tylee7

Answer by Tylee7 at 5:56 PM on Dec. 9, 2010