I feel like an idiot.. Did any one else know that you cant..

Put regular dishsoap in the dishwasher? I am having a bubble explosion in there, I had to shovel bubbles out... It sucks..

Hahahahablank stare

cassie_kellison

Asked by cassie_kellison at 7:26 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• If you have to use a subtitute in the future go with a 1/4 teaspoon of powdered laundry detergent like Dreft NOT dishsoap. Believe it or not both have similar ingredients. EX: Cascade Ingredients/Chemical Name: Water softeneing agents (complex sodium phosphates and sodium carbonate), cleaning and water spot prevention agents (nonionic surfactants and chlorine bleach),
    sodium silicate, sodium sulfate, suds control agent, colorant and perfume.
    Dreft Ingredients: Surfactant(s), Sodium carbonate, Alkyl (C10-C16) benzenesulfonic acid, sodium salt, Sodium percarbonate, Subtilisin (proteolytic enzyme), Sodium aluminosilicate. Plus Dreft rinses completely so you dont have to worry about spotting.

Soap911

Answer by Soap911 at 4:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• My oldest DD did that once when she was younger. We were cleaning up bubbles for hours. On the bright side, our floors were spotless! lol
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:33 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• LOL, sorry I knew that you couldn't do that. Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:27 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Uh oh....not good momma! I hope you can get all the bubbles out! Dishwashers use special dishwasher detergent :)
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 7:28 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• its okay, we all make mistakes =) live & learn mama!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:29 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• laughing

I'm so sorry, I can't help but laugh at this! Hope you got it all cleaned up...I've never done this, but believe me, there is plenty of "everyday" stuff that I have messed up on too. At least now you know!

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:31 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• ya it used to be a common joke on sitcoms back in the 80s and 90s. I guess with stuff like CSI and reality shows out there, its not seen as much on tv. But ya I knew you couldn't do that :)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:33 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• That's funny but yeah, I knew that sorry you're having this issue. There you have it make it your laugh for the day and don't stress too much about it. Life happens!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:34 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• LMMFAO!!!!

About 6 months ago my 9 year old decided to "help" me do the dishes... she completely filled the soap cup, AND the prewash cup full of liquid dish concentrate. I couldn't find my kitchen floor by the time I got done sorting laundry!! The kids went soap skating. lol

Hey, at least your floor will be really, squeaky clean!!! :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:36 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• believe it or not..i knew that..usually i am one who is doing ditzy things. ive never actually put dish soap in the dishwasher but i was bad once about washing the dishes before putting them in..(the dirtier ones) and i guess once i didnt rinse one very well and it made a bubble mess.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:39 AM on Dec. 9, 2010