anyone elses hubby's, or you yourselves freaky about...

Expired food? I dont know if growing up my husband was always opening the fridge to find expired food or what, but he constantly asks me if something is expired or not! If we went on vacation for 2 weeks he would make us throw away all our condiments before going, those things last for months! Its actually become kind of a joke in our house these days. When he came home from deployment I joked and told him I threw away all the expired food just for him! I bought some eggnog a while back, and he asked me if it was expired, and I said No babe, just bought it. Then I looked today, and it was expired haha Ooops! dont tell!

cassie_kellison

Asked by cassie_kellison at 7:43 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Funny about the eggnog! My husband usually doesn't have a problem with food being expired because most food is good a few days past it's expiration date. But... he took a big swig of eggnog and it was all curdled and I think he almost got sick. It was a few weeks old. I thought we had just bought that one but apparently not. Lesson learned for him.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:47 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• depends on the product. Some tings are still okay to eat, just lose their flavor or potency after the date, wheras other things spoil and shouldn't be eaten
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:48 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• No. It is the opposite. But for milk he will throw it out immediatelyUnless it is meat , chicken or fish that is done so that you go out and buy more. I noticed most cereal goes stale way before expiration. All the sauces and condiments usually expire and they are half full but I do not pay too much attention unless it is milk products or meats.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 7:48 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• my dh is...i'm not. i will drink milk a week past the due date..if it smells good..its good..if it looks good its good. my dh doesnt seem to understand that by law they must have a date on them..just because it says it will expire on this date..doesnt mean it will..it usually means its "best if used" by that date.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:49 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• lol, I keep my fridge cleaned out and will not eat expired food, but not that bad on the condiments if they have stayed in the fridge, but milk, sour cream, meats and such I will toss if they have been in for too long, expired or not.
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 7:46 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• lol I'm not a total nut about it and neither is my husband. I do check the dates on everything and if the date is getting close i'll take a whiff of it just to make sure it's still good or i'll def try it first before giving it to my kids.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 7:46 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Hmm.... I am always checkin to make sure things aren't expired...it grosses me out to think of eating expired food, so i'm always checkin dates & smellin stuff!
    SnowboardMama4

Answer by SnowboardMama4 at 8:00 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Has he gotten food poisoning? THAT can be a very, very strong memory one will not want to relive!
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 8:46 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• nope, never had food poisoning.
    cassie_kellison

Comment by cassie_kellison (original poster) at 8:49 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• my husband has thing that he throws even leftovers away
    strawberry47

Answer by strawberry47 at 9:13 AM on Dec. 9, 2010