• In the Spotlight:

DID UR BABY HAVE THE RUNS WHILE TEETHING

secondbaby1686

Asked by secondbaby1686 at 9:49 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 9:49 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• OMG yes!
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Yes my daughter just got her first tooth and she had a few REALLY bad diapers
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 9:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• none of mine did but my niece does.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:14 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• When my kids are teething, they usually have diarrhea, a runny nose, and sometimes a low grade fever. I know that the doctors will tell you that teething doesn’t cause any of these symptoms. However, when someone has open sores in their mouth where the teeth are coming in and you put anything to bite in your mouth; you will probably get some type of illness that does result in the symptoms.

Something that I have found that helps with teething is alternating doses of Tylenol and Ibuprofen. It seems to help the pain and allows the baby to sleep at night.
    NorthernVaMommy

Answer by NorthernVaMommy at 10:38 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Yes, my daughter did and does. lol. She is on her 4th tooth.
    MarlasMommy

Answer by MarlasMommy at 10:39 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• my son is 8 months old and his first tooth popped in today! yay!!! no runs no fever ... runs come from the slavia that is swallowed if your child has more opportunity to chew on toys and the saliva drools out the less runs his diaper will be.
    motherofzander

Answer by motherofzander at 12:02 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• This never even occured to me, but now that you mention it... YES! I was wondering why Jeremiah's poopies have been rather loose lately... and watery... he HAS to be teething because he is soaking his shirts in drool, but I can't get a close enough look inside his mouth to see if he's getting more teeth (he already has 8). Thanks 4 the question!!
    MommyErin06

Answer by MommyErin06 at 1:39 AM on Nov. 7, 2008