What Holidays Are We (Atheists) "Allowed" To Celebrate?

Please do tell me... Oh, please do.

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 8:31 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Religious Debate

• You know.... I am not sure Obby Dobby who is making the biggest fuss over these kinds of topics lately.. the believers or the unbelievers!

It's really an amazing phenomenon. Someone posts something explicitly rude, directed at a certain poster or group. In response, obbie or someone else starts a new question related directly to the rude statement, and guaranteed someone (or several someones, or someone posting alternately anon and under their name, take your pick) will post about how SHE is starting all the trouble and they NEVER see ANYONE saying anything bad to non-Christians. If there was NEVER ANYONE saying ANYTHING bad, these off-shoot questions would never happen in response to the asinine statements in the first place.

This happens just about every day, and every single time, the troll patrol goes on attack. Is it a reading comprehension problem or just selective vision?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I'm allowed to celebrate ANYTHING I want. Which is why I DO celebrate christmas, easter, st. patricks day, valentine's day etc. I do not need anyone's persmission. they may THINK I need their permission or their acceptance of my celebrating what they perceive to be "their" day...but I most cerainly do not.
    Most people are just selfish and uninformed about atheists. and are happy to stay in their bubble world of hatred.
    Eh, c'est la vie....it's their loss.
    Merry Christmas!!!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:03 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Celebrate whatever you want! Just remember that it's your atheism that pisses people off, not that you are celebrating "their" holiday. People would be happy to have you celebrate with them, as long as you change your atheism.

You can't please all the people all of the time. Just go ahead and celebrate - ignore the people who are unhappy about it.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:33 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• You can celebrate any holiday you want. You can even make up your own. What you can't do is diminish other holidays because you "feel left out" Put your big girl panties on.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:37 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Here we go again...Seriously Obby, if you're as committed to your "beliefs" as you claim you are, why do you care so much what a bunch of strangers on the internet think? Why do you keep bringing this stuff up?

Attention hound, thats why!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• haha...you should make up one..another day for hallmark to make big on =)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:32 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• eye rollingHere we go again...Seriously Obby, if you're as committed to your "beliefs" as you claim you are, why do you care so much what a bunch of strangers on the internet think? Why do you keep bringing this stuff up?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Hmmm... Well, religious holidays are definitely out... Oh, and secular holidays are all part of a Christian Nation, so I guess those are out too... If you celebrate your birthday it shows that you care about yourself - which would make you selfish... Anniversaries might show that you have the ability to love, and we all know that's not true...

Yeah, I'm gonna have to go with nothing... No fun for Atheists! Never! See, if you would just be normal people and believe in Jesus you could do whatever you wanted...

**End Sarcasm!**

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:39 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• You can celebrate any Holiday you want to. what's stopping you? All you need is an invite to the party, right?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:31 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• LOL, Obby. I'll sit back and watch the pot stir.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:34 AM on Dec. 9, 2010