teenage daughter

is it normal for y teenage daughter to not want to stay home always with friends or either friends at our house

strawberry47

Asked by strawberry47 at 8:41 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• absolutely
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:44 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Sounds like a teenager to me!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:45 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• thanks just feels like i am loosing my daughter
    strawberry47

Comment by strawberry47 (original poster) at 8:48 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Yes it is totally normal. I don't normally promote things like this although it really helped me and my DH. It is a book called "Get out of my life, but drop me and Cheryl at the mall first." It talks about teens and how they are changing and ways to talk with them. I really enjoyed reading it. Some of it is stuff you already know and other things are new.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:50 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• thanks i will look for book just seems like she never want to stay around me anymore i feel like i have done something wrong
    strawberry47

Comment by strawberry47 (original poster) at 9:00 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I went through the same thing with my dd. Yes it is normal and yes it is normal to feel like we are losing them. The funny thing is when she is home a lot it seems weird, like, "is something wrong"? Did you fight with your friends and now you are home? But the truth is we will have to let them go soon enough and hope that they come home at some point! My leaves in Sept. for college, and it scares the crap out of me, but isn't that what we want for them? Just make the most of the time they are home.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 9:21 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I feel the same way, my daughter just turned 19 and it seems she "drops" by the house when she is hungry, broke, or wants to use my jacuzzi tub ;) this has been going on since she was 17 and had started college. I wake up and look to see if she is here, and when I see she is not the worry starts.I know she is a big girl but I constantly wonder if she is safe.
    mimi66

Answer by mimi66 at 9:24 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Duh yeah. This too shall pass. Friends are everything.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:59 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Yes. But, I'm the lucky one, other people's daughters (and one gay son) are always staying over at my house. Lucky me :)
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 1:01 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Yes it is sooo normal, friends are everything at this age, they have so much in common they are getting a bit m ore freedom and they can bounce thoughts and ideas off each other, no adults aloud, but be patient sooner or later mom and dad will be aloud a bit of admittance because, if you have a good relationship with your teens they will still need your expertise once in awhile, but you still have to make them follow the rules you set forth, some teenagers think they know way more than they do and feel that they can run their live but they usually aren't ready for all that...remember those days> lol
    StressedOut107

Answer by StressedOut107 at 6:33 PM on Dec. 14, 2010